Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Commercial Member
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been using the MotionX GPS app for about a year now on the iphone and have recently been play with the Backcountry Navigation Pro app on the wife's Galaxy S4.

So far they both have things I like and dislike about them, but if we could design the perfect app for wheeling, what would you want in it?

I'd want to be able to view the trail info as graphs. MotionX does a decent job of this with their altitude graph:

But you can't export that as a jpg showing the entire track's graph. You have to take screenshots on the phone and align the different parts up in a graphic program. Same thing for the speed graph it will give you.

Both apps will give you your max positive and negitive grade angles, but neither will give a lean/roll angle. That is something I'd like to see.

All of this stuff should be logged so that it can be mapped against each other after the track is saved. That would allow you to see at which part of the trail had the max lean, max grade, and max altitude.

Another think I don't like about the MotionX app is that waypoints share the same name from track to track. That means if I find a good camping spot out on a trail, I have to come up with a unique name for it (one that I did not use to mark the other good spot I found on a trail 2 months ago). So I'd like to see each track saved off as it's own track entirely (I think Backcountry Nav Pro does this).

What's on your wish list?

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
I like the offline GPS part... and if you can map out the entire track then that is awesome, like importing from TrailDamage for example. The replay is something I can handle through the TorquePro app I have, which can include the elevation changes, speed, etc.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts