Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my first wrangler. Looking to go to a local trail. Read the pines are the best place to go but I understand its a large area. Is there a specific address i should put into my gps to enter near the trails. Or is the whole place trails? Id be coming from bucks county / philly. Open 7 days a week?? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
140 Posts
There are a lot of places to go. Just do a google map of the area and look for spots.

I also recommend the Winslow WMA. Great starter spot.

And remember: Leave with more than you brought.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Always take another jeep with you, don't go alone. Some puddles are deep. You can have lots of fun! Enjoy

·
Registered
289 Posts
You can enter off Lacey Road in Bamber Lakes. Dont go through anything too deep Like Eggy had mentioned. If youre out there alone and you get stuck, that makes for a bad time. I only go through bad stuff if i'm with a friend. Unless you have a winch that is, but make sure there is something to anchor on.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
If you get on 206 south from the circle a few miles south on the left is the Ranger station, stop there and pick up one of the trail maps. From there you can venture right into the Barrens.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Are there any issues running a Jeep with Historic (QQ) plates at the Pine Barrens? I mean, technically, it is an exhibition/educational event if you go with more than 1 person right?

·
Registered
330 Posts
Are there any issues running a Jeep with Historic (QQ) plates at the Pine Barrens? I mean, technically, it is an exhibition/educational event if you go with more than 1 person right?

nah you should be fine, ive never really had an issue back there. If you do get stopped for something make sure inspection is good and you have your registration/insurance.

·
Registered
135 Posts
nah you should be fine, ive never really had an issue back there. If you do get stopped for something make sure inspection is good and you have your registration/insurance.
No inspection required when you have Historic Plates, that's the whole idea. ;)

·
Registered
330 Posts
No inspection required when you have Historic Plates, that's the whole idea. ;)
lol after i sent that i was thinking that!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just got my first wrangler. Looking to go to a local trail. Read the pines are the best place to go but I understand its a large area. Is there a specific address i should put into my gps to enter near the trails. Or is the whole place trails? Id be coming from bucks county / philly. Open 7 days a week?? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Going to the Pine Barrens anytime soon? I've got a new rubicon and warn winch I'm dying to use.

·
Registered
655 Posts
i'd be down to go next saturday. Got a new WW. Haven't attached my winch though yet :/

·
Registered
4 Posts
i'd be down to go next saturday. Got a new WW. Haven't attached my winch though yet :/
thats the only weekend all summer I'm busy lol, I've got a powerlifting meet. Pick another weekend and I'm down. Also, i go to college in Fairfield CT, i plan on looking for some trails up there as i finish my final semester. send me a message if you want to coordinate something.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Just took my new Jeep out to the Pine Barrens last weekend! This is my first Wrangler and first time going off-roading ever. So I'd consider myself a newb for sure.

Wharton State Forest has a ton of trails. We did maybe 10 miles total and there were lots of other options.

At first we went down Railroad Ave, after a mile or 2 there was a huge puddle I didn't want to go through (we were alone, no winch). This trail was really fun with a lot of sand and puddles. Would recommend.

We then headed down Quaker Bridge Road which was more improved but still fun. Lots of side roads we will take next time!

GPS:
Washington Rd/Railroad Ave - 39.73944, -74.72673
Quaker Bridge Road - 39.74081, -74.72638

Link to Map

There wasn't much cell phone reception, so make sure you offline your GPS maps.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi im a new to jeep guy and just moved to NJ i asked my daughters b/f where to go and he said pine barrens but have to be careful cuz they rob people!!! is this true??

·
Registered
171 Posts
Hi im a new to jeep guy and just moved to NJ i asked my daughters b/f where to go and he said pine barrens but have to be careful cuz they rob people!!! is this true??
I ride down in Wharton and off 539 almost every weekend, nobody in our group has never been bothered.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts