Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On stock Jeeps, there is a ribbed, plastic plate or shield that fills the gap between the bumper and the grille. I marked it with red arrows in the attached picture.

When I had my WARN front bumper installed, it was removed. I've come to thinking that with some trimming, to accommodate the winch and the winch's cabling, I could still use this thing to cover up the gap, and the relocated vacuum pump.

Problem is, I don't know what it is really called and what part number it is. I also have no idea how it is attached and whether I'd be able to work it in there without dismounting the bumper.

Is anyone familiar with this bit at all? I'd love to know what it's called and what the part number is.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
If I recall correctly, it's just held in place with plastic pop rivet type things.

I left them on both my, and my wife's Jeeps when we replaced our front bumpers with no need to trim. If we ever put a winch on hers, it will need trimmed because her winch would be recessed. My winch is top mounted.

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
Check around a lot of people will give them away. Mine is gone. I threw it in with the factory bumper when I sold it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts