Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
My guess, Harleys! Really nice combo. I'm guessing they live in rig at least 'most' time. I would! :cool:

·
Super Moderator
12,714 Posts
I was a motorcyclist most of my adult life. I sadly gave up motorcycling a few years ago due to health issues.

When I saw motorcycles on trailers my comment was usually "Why?". Unless the motorcycle is on its way to the shop for service or inclement weather makes it unsafe to ride I don't understand trailering a motorcycle.
"It's too far" is a sissy excuse. Unless the weather is below 35*, "It's too cold" is another sissy excuse.

The same thing with Jeeps. Some Jeeps are built for off-road only and other Jeeps (like the one on the semi) are simply run-around vehicles for when the rig gets to the drivers ultimate destination. They get a pass from me.
My Jeep replaces the Harleys (kinda) but the feelings about trailers linger.

Rant over.

Good Luck, L.M.

·
Registered
149 Posts
ive just returned from a trip to Key West Fl. trailered my and my gfreinds bike to Jacksonville fl. unloaded and rode a1a and 1 to the keys. We only have 2 weeks off for such trips. this our 13th trip , ive trailered to az. Utah, and Montana before and shipped once to seattle to ride the pch and 1 to san deiago. Saves time on the destination of traveling through states which aren't part of the ride. been to 46 states did my time in the saddle 42 yrs . I'm not a trailer queen. just gotta get where im going to enjoy my destination

Reactions: T.Wagner

·
Super Moderator
12,714 Posts
ive just returned from a trip to Key West Fl. trailered my and my gfreinds bike to Jacksonville fl. unloaded and rode a1a and 1 to the keys. We only have 2 weeks off for such trips. this our 13th trip , ive trailered to az. Utah, and Montana before and shipped once to seattle to ride the pch and 1 to san deiago. Saves time on the destination of traveling through states which aren't part of the ride. been to 46 states did my time in the saddle 42 yrs . I'm not a trailer queen. just gotta get where im going to enjoy my destination
I won't argue with your reasoning for towing. I would usually only leave my business for a week or so. That would give me 10 days or so to ride to whatever destination and return home. We always tried to make a loop so as to not duplicate any routes.
I have trailered in May from Denver to Laughlin NV because of the questionable weather when going through the passes. (Raton Pass to the South or the Eisenhower tunnel to the West). The times we rode to Laughlin, we were lucky.

Good Luck, L.M.

·
Registered
165 Posts
As a Harley rider & Jeeper, I can only hope there's a couple of sweet bikes in the back of that bad boy. His & Hers.

Oh man what I wouldn't give to be able to pick, bike or Jeep or maybe both in 1 day, no matter where you go on vacation. That would be the life, I tell ya.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts