Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I emailed 4 area Jeep dealers the exact specs of what I want, what I'm flexible about, how much below invoice, etc.

1st response: you'll have to come in and sit down to negotiate that pricing level.

2nd response: here's one you might like, let me know if I can help you. Price is MSRP I think since the link she sent me doesn't have any pics, and the window sticker link doesn't work (still).

Other 2 haven't responded yet.

These 4 dealers are all within an hour's drive or less from my house. There are others I can contact, I just know these dealers a little better...and, I'm not in a big hurry.

Our local dealer (5 minutes from my house and my office) hasn't even responded to my "Do you have any Wrangler Unlimiteds coming in" email...and I've sent it twice. They've got a great service dept (looked after my LJ and are looking after my daughter's WK), but they're not real big on Jeeps in sales. Rarely is there more than 2-3 Wranglers on the lot.

Makes me really appreciate what I see some guys here doing for us (Pat, for example). Wish I was in a position to buy out of state.

We'll see how this goes...

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Unless you have the inability to say no and walk away from a poor deal, I would just go in person.

·
Retired Mod
11,136 Posts
Good luck...

I hate the ones that say..."come in and we'll talk".

When I sent out my emails, I told each one up front that I was checking with other dealers in the area.....that I was looking to order (and listed exaclty what I wanted to order).....and was looking for their "best and final" (I get that from my sales reps and brokers all day long....nice to say it to someone else for a change). I also let them know I had an AR (Affiliate Rewards) membership upfront.

Then again, I have a great ability to say no and walk away from any deal that I don't like......and I prep like crazy....

·
Retired Mod
11,136 Posts
The price on the Jeep is the easy part with the amount of information available....the trade-in is the REAL dog and pony show....

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah. I'm getting the Yukon detailed tomorrow and plan to try and sell it myself. It's a very popular vehicle around here, and it's loaded, so I think it'll sell pretty quickly.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Honestly, I shut down the dog and pony show at the dealers in my area before I was even talking about purchasing my Jeep. I went with my ex when he purchased his, and because of this site and all the research I had been doing on the vehicle, they couldn't try to bamboozle me.

When I purchased mine, I walked into the dealership with my laptop and the spreadsheet from 2013 information thread. I was ordering, so I knew the cost of all the features. I knew when they were trying to double charge me for heated seats, and I noticed that they didn't add 4.10 gears and premium soft top. I was in total control of it, as well as the pricing. It's only a dog and pony show if you let it be.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I did 100% of my negotiations via emails. I must have contacted 20 dealers within a 150 mile radius. In the end, after two weeks, a local dealer sourced the exact Jeep I wanted and I got the price I was looking for - way below invoice.

I use the exact same method to but my previous two vehicles, an Audi and a Porsche, both worked out just as well and the hassle is so much lower when you don't need to visit a dealership until you're picking up your new Jeep!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts