Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So it was bound to happen. We bought the JKU about 9 months ago and have been loving the heck out of it ever since. Wife loves to go wheeling and drives off road a lot too. That, however, did not save me in this instance.

This morning we were in a discussion about her wanting to buy something totally stupid and wasteful. There was no way it was worth anything let alone what she wanted to spend on it. I told her "heck no are you buying something that stupid." Ok, that was the inside voice but I did question whether it was really smart to buy and really tried to suggest it wasn't. And then it came:

"WELL HOW MUCH HAVE YOU SPENT ON THE JEEP SINCE WE BOUGHT IT?"

I was stuck, all I could say was "Yes dear, if you'd like to buy that I think we can manage..." and I walked away so that I could fight another day. Could I have done better?

·
Registered
293 Posts
Life is too short. Sometimes you have to give in for the better cause.

Cause I really want that lift,lights,rims, and so on. Pick your battles and prepare your assault. :)

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Yup, its best to keep a very low profile in these instances....Just let em spend $$$$$$$
until its all gone ! YOU can make more .....
It keeps em happy and a happy house is a good thing ! "BH"

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Kenny Rogers said it best:

"You've got to know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em
Know when to walk away, and know when to run"

·
Registered
110 Posts
ha ha. Yup, as much as I want to give her hell for all the CRAP she buys, I don't for this very reason.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Like $500 for a purse!.. I go through the same thing and my wife isn't into wheeling nor does she understand modding the Jeep. She likes the compliments we get while we are out in it, but that's about it so it can be a difficult argument for modding. I say, "I want larger tires" and she says, "why you have tires already", but then I've said the same about her and the purse thing. I try and work my way up to a mod with her rather than just spill the beans right away, seems to work better for me.

·
Registered
475 Posts
I hear ya OP.

I cannot deny my wife anything.... Heck in the last couple of months she's given me a new, full, set of Pings G-30s with matching cart bag, accessories and Foot Joy DNA shoes. THAT along with a Hard Rock Rubi on order. She can have whatever she wants :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts