Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after messing around with a local off-road club for a little bit and learning how much Jeeps can do, I pulled the trigger on a 2.5L 1994 YJ...which has been affectionately named, The Ratchet Jeep, by my friends and I. I bought it almost completely stock: it has an after-market header and is on 31's (with no lift). Everything I've done to it so far has just been maintenance (valve cover gasket, thermostat housing, etc.) and I added some home-made grab handles as well. I'm hoping to start doing some actual mods in the next few weeks or definitely summer, it's just a little difficult with school and stuff. Anyways, this is my starting point, I'm excited to see where it goes!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Have Fun!!! Tahoe is a great place to get out into the woods. Rubicon Trail here you come.
:beerdrinking:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm in the same boat man, I'm just going to be able to do a couple of things this summer like a winch and a little armor
I feel ya! Right now, my biggest priority is a lift kit, and then working my :censored: off during the summer to afford some lockers

·
Registered
223 Posts
I feel ya! Right now, my biggest priority is a lift kit, and then working my :censored: off during the summer to afford some lockers
I dont want lockers full time since I'll be using it as a daily and I dont want to invest over a grand in lockers while I only have the D35 so im waiting till I can do an axle upgrade when I graduate.once I'm done with these tires I'm just gonna go up to 30" because I also have the 2.4L do I can't really go bigger without re gearing

Outside is Beautiful

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I dont want lockers full time since I'll be using it as a daily and I dont want to invest over a grand in lockers while I only have the D35 so im waiting till I can do an axle upgrade when I graduate.
That's probably the smarter thing to do haha it'll be interesting to see what I can do with this thing on a college budget lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts