Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is the rest of my lift/ budget story, i have around 600 bucks for a lift... i can get more but i dont really know how long it will take. and im basically goin for a trail ready daily driver. i was told and have experienced the 3" and 32 setup and loved it. i wanna go with a suspension lift because of the better quality and im not gonna change it later on down the road so i kinda wanna invest in a good lift for the money.

·
I got nothin'
1,901 Posts
Look at Rubicon Express or Teraflex. If you want to spend more money, look at the Rancho Rock Crawler kit.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Go for used parts. Personally I like RE or procomp springs, RE contol arms and track bars, JKS quick disconects, any of the transfer case lowering kits, Rancho shocks. Try to get upper and lower contol arms that are ajustable(sp) RE and Currie make really good ones and avoid poly bushings go for johnny joints.

-Tom

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
I bought the RE 2.5" Kit ($569)

Good quality. Working through the installation and all the
things it's beginning to drive.

94 YJ, 2.5"RE lift, ties/rims to follow :)

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
I know it cost more;but....

If you want to never second guess if you bought the right lift???

3 1/2" Rubicon Express Long Arm.

4" Full Traction Long Arm.

I have run 6 large off-road events this year; I’m guessing I have run with at least 120 Jeeps that have one of these lifts…Granted most of them were Rubicon’s.

I own the 3 1/2" RE but now I want the Long Arm it’s on my 2003 Rubicon.

I have seen a lot of Jeeps run with both of these lifts and these guys never have a problem. The hard core guys upgrade the pinions to 4.88 and have also done Belly Ups and a lot of other goodies but just the lift kit is enough to make a Real Capable Trail Rig that you can still drive as a daily driver and it looks good in your parking space at work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts