Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if anyone has used a Teraflex Spring Leveling Kit on their 2 door JK? I am looking to upgrade to 33in tires on my JKS and am currently on stock height.
I don't need a crazy lift yet, so I'm looking for a good quality product for a fair price.
Just looking to find some feedback on a good quality leveling kit.

Ive heard with bigger tires you'll need to regear in order to keep your rig running smooth.
But would it be necessary to reggear for a 33 in tire? Currently running stock 3.21.

·
Registered
150 Posts
What size tire do you have now? and is it auto or manual trans? If you want to level then go with spacers up front. Search the forums for reviews.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Heres my JK on the spring leveling kit from Teraflex with 315/70/17 Duratracs. They measure out at 33.75 with 30 psi. I had some rubbing of the rear fender last week on some rough roads and will definitely need a larger lift or flat fenders down the road. 3.73 gearing and there is minimal power loss.

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What size tire do you have now? and is it auto or manual trans? If you want to level then go with spacers up front. Search the forums for reviews.
Currently I have 255/75/17 Duratracs with manual transmission. I will either get 285 or 295/70/17. Ive heard I will be on with my gearing for the most part..I will need spacers with a leveling kit. Just deciding on which kit..

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Heres my JK on the spring leveling kit from Teraflex with 315/70/17 Duratracs. They measure out at 33.75 with 30 psi. I had some rubbing of the rear fender last week on some rough roads and will definitely need a larger lift or flat fenders down the road. 3.73 gearing and there is minimal power loss.
How do you like the Tereflex spring kit? Is it too stiff?

·
Registered
150 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Do you plan to ever go bigger?

·
Registered
35 Posts
How do you like the Tereflex spring kit? Is it too stiff?
Not stiff at all from my experience. I did stick with the Willy's shocks which I think are a little stiffer than the sport suspension and I barely noticed any difference in the overall ride. Overall I am very pleased but when the weather gets nicer I will need to decide on new fenders or to cut down my stock fenders.

·
Vendor
1,209 Posts
The Teraflex springs are a nice upgrade over stock. They will give you about 2" in the front and 1" in the rear to help eliminate some of the factory rake. Ride quality should be similar to stock if not a little better and I would rather do a spring than a spacer. We have those kits in stock here or shoot me a pm and I can send you a price quote.

-Tim

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Currently I have 255/75/17 (32in) and I've got a manual transmission.
I did want the TF spacer leveling kit at first but I like the idea of having TF spring leveling kit instead for their functionality. With the spring, all coils are active and help support the weight and impact. While the spacer just sits there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts