Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

First off, PLEASE comment with any ideas. Alright so I'm pretty new here and thought I'd throw my jeep out there and see what everyone thought of it. However, first I would like to say that i'm personally very proud of this car. It was given to me in 2011 after it was my moms car for a year (its a 2010). I spent all my personal money on this, not my parents or anyone else's, which is mainly why I'm so proud of it. So please no comments like "daddys money" or anything, I worked hard for all this. Negative comments however are welcomed and I'd love to hear some opinions on what to change or what you think. Lastly (Time for everyone to hate me) this jeep is indeed 2WD, like I said it was my moms car before it was mine and it was given to me. Obviously not going to complain about a free Jeep. I do go trail riding from time to time and only been stuck once actually. Enough on that! Onto the build!

Exterior:
The first thing I decided to do was add a 4" lift with 35's and I went with the bigger rims since I don't do as much off roading as most. Then I added the purple Oracle headlight and fog lights (the fog look blue sometimes though) along with the 52" led light bar. Then my favorite, the bumpers. I got these from a factory up north that was closing down and got both for just $800 (freaking steal). The rear tire hangs at about a 45 degree angle and just gives a nice look to it. I also got new side rails and some safari doors for those nice summer days. More recently I've decided to go for an all black and silver look, taking all the chrome off one piece at a time.
IMG_5495.jpg

IMG_5640.jpg

IMG_5732.jpg

IMG_5960.jpg

IMG_5971.jpg

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Interior:
For all the lights I play on added I went ahead and added these nice pillar switches along with a little contraption I made to help all the wiring easy and not all over the place.
IMG_5966.jpg

IMG_5964.jpg

Then I added my own after market radio and matched it with 2 alpine 12" type R's just because I like my music loud.
IMG_5973.jpg

IMG_5968.jpg

And most recently I went ahead and added these nice mats just because it's the little things that count
IMG_5970.jpg

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
On my todo list: Keep in mind I'm 19 and do this all my own. No experience, but it's how you learn. Right?

-Definitely 4WD (although this is very expensive and haven't NEEDED it for what I do)
-2 4" led lights on the windshield
-20" led light bar on the front bumper
-A new exhaust most likely a dual
-Cool air intake
-Control arms
-Look into getting my back shocks replaced, i'm not sure whats wrong but something is
-Some type of roof rack (very picky on roof racks)
-Paint the hinges black
-LED tail lights
-New grill with mesh inserts. I really like the angry bird jeep grill (maybe keep it black or paint to match. Let me know what you think)
-I'd like some Baja RXS seats but I won't get these until theres a matching back seat

·
Super Moderator
15,376 Posts
:welcome:

4wd can be added, do a search. IMO it's what a JEEP (not car :D) is all about. Trails, camping, bonfires with friends. Can't be beat.

Don't worry about being young, we were all young once. One thing I've learned the longer I work on vehicles, start with the end in mind. Then build for that.

Lastly, read a LOT on this forum before you buy stuff. Keep an open mind on mods, not all mods are worth the $$.

Anywho, Jeep is looking good :thumb:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:welcome:

4wd can be added, do a search. IMO it's what a JEEP (not car :D) is all about. Trails, camping, bonfires with friends. Can't be beat.

Don't worry about being young, we were all young once. One thing I've learned the longer I work on vehicles, start with the end in mind. Then build for that.

Lastly, read a LOT on this forum before you buy stuff. Keep an open mind on mods, not all mods are worth the $$.

Anywho, Jeep is looking good :thumb:
Thank you so much! I've definitely grown to search this site before buying anything and just recently decided to join, so far I love it!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Today with the help of everyones favorite mod (Labs of course) I installed my new Gibson exhausted and this thing sounds mean!! I also went ahead and stripped down the jeep since it's so nice here lately in SC

IMG_6015.jpg
IMG_6013.jpg
IMG_6012.jpg

·
Registered
649 Posts
Coming along nicely! Personally I'd black out those MM emblems on the exhaust because that ruins it for me. But that's me.
Some small upgrade ideas for ya.
- lockable gas cap
-taillight guards
-Vector off road plugs ( replaced the big ugly hood rubber nipple )
-Rugged Ridge hood vent scoop like $25 ( love mine )
-Grabbers

Keep up the good work

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Coming along nicely! Personally I'd black out those MM emblems on the exhaust because that ruins it for me. But that's me.
Some small upgrade ideas for ya.
- lockable gas cap
-taillight guards
-Vector off road plugs ( replaced the big ugly hood rubber nipple )
-Rugged Ridge hood vent scoop like $25 ( love mine )
-Grabbers

Keep up the good work
Thank you! I've considered blacking them out but I want to be sure before I do cause once I do theres no return! I keep meaning to get the gas cap and for some reason it keeps slipping my mind! Thanks for all the ideas! I'll look more into them!

·
Registered
613 Posts
I heard all 2wd jeeps are the same as 4wd versions just without all the 4wd parts which can be bought and added to (relatively) easily convert it back to 4wd. I have no idea what parts are needed but I'd love to see you document it. What brand are the bumpers? They look good on your jeep.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I heard all 2wd jeeps are the same as 4wd versions just without all the 4wd parts which can be bought and added to (relatively) easily convert it back to 4wd. I have no idea what parts are needed but I'd love to see you document it. What brand are the bumpers? They look good on your jeep.
I'm actually looking into the 4wd conversion very heavily right now! I know I need a transfer case, front axel, new drive shafts, and i'm trying to make sure thats all. The bumpers I believe are AEP? I don't think anything can be found on them since they were custom made and then the maker went out of business (somewhere up north) but thank you!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts