Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had not been to this Class C road for at least 3 years. It is a couple miles long in a valley with a running stream. Just north of Andrew, Iowa. Well Jackson County closed it down with gates and padlock. Sign says No Trespassing...
:(

·
Trail Mom
2,864 Posts
Man, that bites.
I wonder why.

·
Registered
14,065 Posts

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
The other end is part of a park given to the state long ago. I don't remember the name but it would mean there was no access to the park. That road is little used but I enjoy traveling it infrequently. It is difficult finding it dry enough to run it without tearing it up.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised to see more B level and unmaintained roads gated with the City and County budgets where they are. There's no money to be spent and if a farmer complains the roads are being torn up they be gated. I'm one of the guys that have to maintain them and I keep hearing more and more talk about it around the office. Another thing to think about is if the farmers are getting ticked off about it then their land will be one less place to look for when it comes time to find land to run on. I don't really care one way or the other, but it is something to think about.

·
Registered
14,065 Posts
The farmers don't like it because they own the land and can't farm it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts