Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased my new 2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited before they were offering leather seats figuring that I could order it afterwards from the dealer and have it installed. I just wanted the basic black (Dark Graphite) leather seat seats in one color no options other than Jeep sticked on front seats. I looked it up on the Katzkin website and it reflected a retail price over $2000 just for the seat covers alone.

This was to much so I called 3 dealers parts department to order and all told me that they were not familiar with ordering it aftermarket. I found it on the Mopar E-Store website for at the time $813 uninstalled (now $830) and approx $1,400 installed. I went to my local dealer with my print out and they found it and was able to order it for me. I then went to the service department and found out they do not install it by subcontract it out. I was told this at two other dealers who gave me the numbers of their installers.

I called various installers in two states and they quoted prices of an average dealer charge if they where to do it for a dealer of $1,040 for the covers installed or $500 just for labor.

Long story short if you want aftermarket Katzkin try calling an installer for their out the door price. They may do it for the dealer cost if you ask. I only found this out after i bought the covers from the dealer. My next post will be once I find an installer and actually have them installed.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Call Szott's M-59 Chrysler ask for Brian Velkey. They have a set of Katskin's leather in black a customer ordered for a JKU and never picked it up they want it out of they're parts room.

888-571-3764

·
Registered
101 Posts
qstorm66 said:
I purchased my new 2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited before they were offering leather seats figuring that I could order it afterwards from the dealer and have it installed. I just wanted the basic black (Dark Graphite) leather seat seats in one color no options other than Jeep sticked on front seats. I looked it up on the Katzkin website and it reflected a retail price over $2000 just for the seat covers alone.

This was to much so I called 3 dealers parts department to order and all told me that they were not familiar with ordering it aftermarket. I found it on the Mopar E-Store website for at the time $813 uninstalled (now $830) and approx $1,400 installed. I went to my local dealer with my print out and they found it and was able to order it for me. I then went to the service department and found out they do not install it by subcontract it out. I was told this at two other dealers who gave me the numbers of their installers.

I called various installers in two states and they quoted prices of an average dealer charge if they where to do it for a dealer of $1,040 for the covers installed or $500 just for labor.

Long story short if you want aftermarket Katzkin try calling an installer for their out the door price. They may do it for the dealer cost if you ask. I only found this out after i bought the covers from the dealer. My next post will be once I find an installer and actually have them installed.
I just got my JKUR yesterday and we ordered black Katzkin leather with Rubicon emblem in black to match OEM. I'm getting them for $1199 installed. My dealer has a guy that is trained by Katzskin to do install.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Car seat Car seat cover

They do good work and I couldn't tell the difference in OEM and Katzkin other then label.

·
Registered
848 Posts
What color are those Sahara seats and is that katzkin? That's exactly what I want. I won't pay more than 1100 installed for them though.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Just ordered rawlings baseball glove leather for my 12 JKU. I have an inhouse upholsterer and he ordered some extra for my door panels and center console

·
Registered
848 Posts
Link Autowerks? Never heard of that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts