Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm kinda new to the forum and I figured I start posting all my progress with this new project. I got my 95 Rio Grande about 5 months ago. It was in Pretty good condition for a 17 year old with only 93k on the odometer and I'm only the 3owner. Of course there is a whole lot of things I wanted to do as soon as I got it but I figured it was best to take things in order of importance. Started off by changing all the fluids and heckling the engine to ensure I wouldn't break down. All has been well with tr mega nice so far.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mechanics so far*. Bought a new rampage soft top and installed a new stero and speakers and a few other small modifications over the past couple months. Last week I found a really good deal on an old 85 CJ 7 so I bought it for parts. Over the past few days I have been sorting things out and I'm finally ready to start. Gonna begin with the bumpers and lights this evening

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
After I got off work this afternoon I was able to start the project. Started out with the front bumper and winch mount. Nice bumper Warn rock crawlers in the front and back. There was some rust on all the pieces so I hit them with the wire brush

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
After i got all the rust wired off I got the sander out and roughed up the surfaces a bit and then cleaned everything up with some paint thinner and put some heavy duty rust neutralizer on the bigger rust spots then I brought everything into the garage to dry cause it got dark and humid out

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts