Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
611 Posts
Jeep Defense | COMMANDO Jeep Tactical Vehicle
COMMANDO Jeep
Hendrick wants to put Jeep Wranglers back on the battlefield | Fox News

They pulled the 3.6 and placed a 2.4 diesel which can burn anything. Very cool, and they're auto's.
All that is, is a company offering up a contract solution using the Jeep as the base platform.

There is no contract right now between the Army and Jeep or this Hendrick company. There is a contract with OshKosh to produce the LATV that is replacing the HMMMV - you can Google and read about it. But as WaltA stated, you need to provide the source to back up your statement that the Army is "reintroducing" the JK.

- US Army, 28 years and counting

·
Registered
615 Posts
The vehicle replacing the Hummer is $400,000 each. A great vehicle no doubt, but probably not needed for every application. I could see the need for a lighter duty much less expensive option.

The way I read the article 14 prototypes have been built with the hopes of getting a military contract. Who knows!

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
The army isn't doing anything, this is just a concept. And most new military vehicles are autos. I have several friends who are longtime military and said for a while now kids some in not knowing how to drive a manual, if they can drive at all. So now more often than not new stuff has an auto.

As I said in one of the other threads, this will never see widespread use. It can't be armored and that is pretty much a requirement after we lost so many men and women to IEDs in unarmored vehicles in the earlier days of the action in the middle east.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts