Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Posting on this forum seems to be therapeutic, so I thought I would just vent for a moment. I ordered my Jeep several weeks ago and have gone through the sleepless nights waiting for it to arrive like many people here. Yesterday I found out that my Jeep had been completed over the weekend and was on the dock ready to ship. My first thought is - this is great news! Since my dealer is only 20 minutes from the factory and they bring them over directly on a truck, it should be there in time for me to pickup on Saturday. I would love to pick it up sooner, but I live 1 1/2 hours from the dealer and my wife doesn't want to make a 3 hour round trip to drop me off after work. I can fully understand this, so I agreed that Saturday would be fine (little did she know I was planning to get up pre-dawn so I could be there as they open).

Today I called the dealer to verify shipment of the Jeep and let him know that I wouldn't be down until Saturday, so no need to rush the prep. That's when he informed me that they scheduled it for delivery next Monday. What??? Why not this week? He told me he had no idea how Chrysler picked that day. He also told me that another customer ordered a similar Jeep on the same day (he entered both orders at the same time) and the other Jeep was also finished this weekend and it arrived at the dealership last night.

I asked him if there was any chance that it would come sooner and he said that once they are scheduled they come on that day unless something happens to cause a further delay. This means that I will have to wait until the following Saturday to pick it up. I don't think I can take an extra week of waiting knowing that it was done and could have been there much sooner.:speechless-smiley:

I don't blame the vendor for this. I'm also not sure I can blame Chrysler for the undo pain and suffering they are causing. I just needed to vent. Since I can't check the status every five minutes any more, I don't know what I am going to do to pass the time.

By the way, I was able to pull up the window sticker online, so I know as a fact that the Jeep is done and ready. Maybe I can offer to drive down to Toledo and pick it up for them??? I won't even charge them for my services.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The normal wait time is 30-45 days. Did your dealer explain that?
The total wait time isn't the issue. It is trying to figure out why one Jeep can make the 20 minute journey in one day and another has to wait a week. I was just venting because I felt like I was there and now someone moved the finish line.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can't the dealer go the 20 minutes and get it?
I believe that contractually the manufacturer is required to pay a union driver to deliver the vehicle. As nice as it would be to run down and pick up a vehicle, I'm sure they are required to use the normal scheduling and delivery system.

It is similar to how you can pay for museum delivery of your brand new Corvette. You get to watch it come off the line and then it is presented to you at the National Corvette Museum right across the street, but once you are presented with the car, you have to give it back to them to put on a truck to be sent to your dealer. You can't take it with you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts