Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
I get it as well. It's just an unfortunate side effect of sleeker modern cars with no rain gutters on the roof's drip edge.

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
There is a solution!
Products
I picked up a set, and have not had time to paint and install yet, but they certainly look like the answer.
OP has a soft top. This product's description says it's designed for hard tops.

·
Registered
684 Posts
I don't have problem because my mama always told me to wear a raincoat when I go out.
Then again, she may have been talking about something different.

·
Registered
688 Posts
I don't have problem because my mama always told me to wear a raincoat when I go out.
Then again, she may have been talking about something different.
Lmfao. But seriously, I've had both hard and soft top and when it rains it flows right in. My solution- close the door ASAP. Or if it's that big of a deal maybe some sort of weather stripping affixed in a certain way as to make it leak outwards. Idk just brainstorming.

·
Registered
99 Posts
No remedy happens both on my soft and hard top only solution would be some type of paint sealer such as flex-seal. I don't mind its not like i'm the wicked witch of the west and am going to melt in rain. I mean we drive jeeps they are not luxurious vehicles so a little rain isn't going to hurt anything.

·
Premium Member
1,880 Posts
According to a number of individuals on the JKforum it works well for both hard and soft tops and is a simple as stone install.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I had mine out in heavy rain for about an hour before I pulled it into the garage last night. This morning, after my son opened and closed the front passenger door in the garage, we noticed some fresh water appeared on the floor near the door. I was able to follow it up along the plastic trim on A-pillar. My guess is that when he opened the door, water from last night's rainfall accumulated somewhere and was released. Then, it found it's way down the A-Pillar to the floor. I'm trying to figure out if this is what's going on? If so, is it normal for water to get in like this (accumulating somewhere from waterfall) or should I be looking for a leak?

·
Registered
615 Posts
I had mine out in heavy rain for about an hour before I pulled it into the garage last night. This morning, after my son opened and closed the front passenger door in the garage, we noticed some fresh water appeared on the floor near the door. I was able to follow it up along the plastic trim on A-pillar. My guess is that when he opened the door, water from last night's rainfall accumulated somewhere and was released. Then, it found it's way down the A-Pillar to the floor. I'm trying to figure out if this is what's going on? If so, is it normal for water to get in like this (accumulating somewhere from waterfall) or should I be looking for a leak?
You have not opened your door in the rain yet so it sounds you will see what everyone is talking about my floods like pouring it out of a bucket ???

1 - 20 of 22 Posts