Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Dont forget a Jack strap
30,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the worst you've done to hurt your baby? Pics appreciated :D

·
Registered
347 Posts
75% of the repair cost was the hard top.

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
*knocks on wood*

My battery died this winter...

·
2.5L>4.0L
1,493 Posts
Burnt clutch. New sensors. And computer. Total of $1,257.84. =[[[

·
Registered
229 Posts
I had a state plow truck turn left across 3 lanes hitting me and doing just short of $12,000.00 damage. There was damage from front to back on the drivers side, but it doesn't show really well in this pic.

·
Premium Member
3,316 Posts
I rolled my 88 YJ in the slowest speed rollover ever. Was going up a sand hill, got a bit over half way up and lost footing. Jeep started sliding backward and despite gunning it, I began to slide sideways and back. At one point, one of the locked wheels hit something solid in the sand and it spun my sideways and onto the top. I was only doing probably 15 MPH at the time but it was the scariest SKY-SAND-SKY-SAND-SKY adventure I could imagine. No one was hurt. Jeep had a cracked windshield, smashed windshield frame, broken tail light and a nice sized crease across the hood. Only fixed the taillight and windshield to be street legal again. My friend who bought the Jeep still drives it with the dents. No frame damage or anything, just a whole lot of spectacle.

·
Registered
455 Posts
wiped out cam and lifters, on the first motor, think the 5 psi oil pressure at idles did that.
then took out the alt, and popped the headgasket out wheelin

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,670 Posts
Did a 1 1/2. Lap belt held me in tight and I walked away with a small cut on the knuckle. Broken windshield but winshield frame and rollcage all held up. Rolled it back over then banged out the hood and topped off the oil and kept going. My rig just has alot more character now.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Wifey did this on her drive to work one morning:
http://www.wranglerforum.com/f118/2002-se-re-construction-96913.html

I had a state plow truck turn left across 3 lanes hitting me and doing just short of $12,000.00 damage. There was damage from front to back on the drivers side, but it doesn't show really well in this pic.

I have to admit, $12k worth of damage really doesn't show up in this picture. The front end damage on my jeep was just under $1700 (with me doing the labor).

·
I'm not lost
1,974 Posts
WOW some major carnage here.

Worst I have done so far is Wrap my Tie Rod around a tree stump and get the pumpkin stuck LOL
Last time I watch the branches to keep them from hitting the husband in the face!

·
zombie & ninja slayer
2,276 Posts
sent my #5 piston through the cylender wall on my 4.0

1 - 14 of 14 Posts