Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
181 - 200 of 226 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Guys. I'm new to YJs and this site, but not new to Jeeps I've owned 7 J10s and 4 CJs over the years. Even had a Grand Wagoneer and I just bought an 01 Grand Cherokee (Can you see a pattern here? lol) Alos been into the AMC scene for 30+ years. I also just bought my first YJ. Its a 95 Wrangler Sahara with the 6 and a 5 spd. Has its share of rust and I need to replace the windshield frame, but it runs and drives great!! Totally stock btw. Great site!!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Nobody had been here in a long time bit I am hoping someone can help. I bought my yj this week. It had one of those old school ignition kill switches. How do I remove without killing the ignition?

Thanks in advance!

Sorry for the picture not being great.

Yellow Bumper Vehicle Automotive exterior Electronics

·
Registered
829 Posts
Thanks for the info.... On my 94 yj I have a vacuum line going to the front diff.Is this how the front axles are ingaged or is it some kind of locker?
It could be the vent. The vac lines for the 4wd go to/from the shift motor on the passenger side of the axle. The vent line, on mine anyway, snakes up around to the radiator and has a little plastic valve cap on it (one way vent).

·
Registered
250 Posts
Just bought my 87

Great info, thank you!

Is there a place on the tranny and the transfer case to id what I actually have?

·
Registered
2 Posts
YJ Air Conditioner

Hello all. I am new to this site, so please forgive my stupid question(s).
Last fall I purchased a 91 YJ from a guy who had started to restore this Jeep but gave up. Thankfully I didn't pay much but he was handing me boxes of parts, and buckets of nuts and bolts. :pullinghair:
I've been having a BLAST all winter long! Playing in the garage. Fixed some frame rot, new limited slip diff's, new 4:11 gears, new rotors and brakes, new shocks, springs, and 2" lift. Then I started cutting out body rust and patching back. :)
Finally, I'm very close to seeing if this thing will run or not. Sorry for the long intro but this leads to my question. This Jeep has a compressor, and duct work, and all the bells and whistles for air conditioning but no hoses. I'm not sure about the condenser. Where is my condenser? Or where should it be? Aren't they normally right beside the radiator? It doesn't look like there is room for a condenser?

·
Registered
216 Posts
What's the easiest way to determine the size of the fuel tank short of filling it up when it's almost empty?
I have a 92 YJ and it is 15.3 or do the conversion and get 19.7 gallons

·
Registered
216 Posts
Hello all. I am new to this site, so please forgive my stupid question(s).
Last fall I purchased a 91 YJ from a guy who had started to restore this Jeep but gave up. Thankfully I didn't pay much but he was handing me boxes of parts, and buckets of nuts and bolts. :pullinghair:
I've been having a BLAST all winter long! Playing in the garage. Fixed some frame rot, new limited slip diff's, new 4:11 gears, new rotors and brakes, new shocks, springs, and 2" lift. Then I started cutting out body rust and patching back. :)
Finally, I'm very close to seeing if this thing will run or not. Sorry for the long intro but this leads to my question. This Jeep has a compressor, and duct work, and all the bells and whistles for air conditioning but no hoses. I'm not sure about the condenser. Where is my condenser? Or where should it be? Aren't they normally right beside the radiator? It doesn't look like there is room for a condenser?
Here is MY Air Conditioner. Puts absolutely NO drag on the engine whatsoever!

Interior After Adding "Air Conditioner". Front Of Console Visible At Lower Left Photo by James_J_Jeep | Photobucket

·
Registered
216 Posts
I LOVE IT!

That's a good looking YJ. I like your floor mats.
Thanks! I have only owned it a couple months but have had a ton of fun with it!

·
Registered
157 Posts
According to fourwheeler.com and Quadratec.com My 4.2 Liter, Automatic should have 3.55. I used the Jeep.com Buildsheet tool and it came up saying it was actually 3.07. The YJ being 1990, I thought it may have been an error because the website said it didn't go back past 1998. I went out and checked the axle tag and sure enough... That'll complicate things. :9lame:

181 - 200 of 226 Posts