Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

21 - 40 of 216 Posts

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Soak it in PB blaster over night. Try again tomorrow.

Always take the fill plug off first!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Ihave a 91 yj with a 2.5 liter engine, I noticed that you stated the frame toweing capacity was 2200 lbs, I was curious If my 4 cyl would have a problem towing that much weight.

·
Registered
17 Posts
The info really helped out. I have a 95 wrangler also and want to put a shackle lift on it what would you recommend in terms of how big to go with shackles?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am looking for an actual photo of the wiring of an original factory dash. When I purchased my jeep the gas gauge is not connected to the tank sensor and I need to know which wire it is suppose to be. Can anyone help me? She has been modified by others and some modifications were not completed.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Didnt want to start a new thread so I figured I would ask on this post, I have a 95 wrangler with the Aisin AX-5 manual transmission. What kind of oil do I put in the tranny, I want to change the fluid in it. Thanks

·
Registered
102 Posts
New problem with my YJ (88, 4 cyl, manual)... Went to replace the "breather element" at the back of my valve cover and noticed there was oil on it, quite a bit of oil, then I noticed the oil was mixed with a clearer liquid. Turns out that clearer liquid is gasoline. :( So I either have worn piston rings or weak valve springs or head gasket leak on one or more cyls?

How bad is it for me to drive it? I don't know exactly how long I've had this problem but I did notice the last time I got gas that I had only put 132 miles on a tank.

·
Registered
308 Posts
List looks good, the only 3.55's I have ever encountered were in pre 91 models...and they are few and far between. In the last 20 6 cylinder jeeps I have had, only 2 of them had the 3.55's
I have a 95 with a 4.0 and 3.55s according to the build sheet.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
i just had my trans rebuilt in my automatic 93 and i thought it was a 904???? confirmation?
TF904 and the TF999 are almost identical. The casing is pretty much the same on both.

If it's an I6, than it's a TF999. They only put autos in 4 cylinders between 94-95 YJs, and that was the TF904.

21 - 40 of 216 Posts