Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

41 - 60 of 216 Posts

·
Commercial MemberX
8,641 Posts
My 91 4.0HO W/Auto had 3.55s in it.It was bone stock when I switched to 4.10s
Yeah I have had that year with um, nothing past 91 though. That's why I'd like confirmation on a 93-95 having um.

·
Commercial MemberX
8,641 Posts
The Sahara trim came with 3.73 gears at least from 1991 up.
I call bs on that, I have 3 of them right now and every one of them has 3.07...in fact I have yet to see anything 91-95 that has a 4.0 and anything other than 3.07

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
I've yet to see a single YJ with 3.73's factory
Actually mine has 3.73's. To shed some light on this subject it is a 1995 2.5l 3 speed automatic. Yes I was under the jeep and both the front and rear diffs have the tag and say 3.73 on them. If you want I will get a pic of them as soon as i can get some light under there to show you.
Ian.

·
Commercial MemberX
8,641 Posts
You have a rare dude actually...in my 47 yj's I've only had one 4 cylinder automatic. I had to put a motor in it, but I never actually looked at the diffs.....so, I stand corrected on at least your situation :)

Never seen a 6 though

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
You have a rare dude actually...in my 47 yj's I've only had one 4 cylinder automatic. I had to put a motor in it, but I never actually looked at the diffs.....so, I stand corrected on at least your situation :)

Never seen a 6 though
To bad I'm tearing that piece of junk out around march or april :firedevil:

·
Registered
89 Posts
I call bs on that, I have 3 of them right now and every one of them has 3.07...in fact I have yet to see anything 91-95 that has a 4.0 and anything other than 3.07
When I bought mine in 92, the three Saharas at the dealer were ALL 3.73s. My friend's 91 Sahara had 3.73s and he didn't modify gearing. I didn't look at the build sheets and maybe this was a dealer thing but I don't see them making such a mod. Perhaps it is regional?
Anyways, I am NOT bsing you and I'll rephrase my statement - all 91 and 92 Sahara trim YJs that I've seen had 3.73 gearing.
BTW, you have three Saharas?

41 - 60 of 216 Posts