Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey

Brand new Jeep owner here. Literally less than 24 hours. And if your're wondering why I'm not out driving it it's because my Wife has already stolen it from me to go run a bunch of errands.

I don't know if this is a stupid question but the thermostat needle on every other car I've owned and including my Tahoe always sits at around 25 or 30% on the scale so the needle is always pointed to the left.

On the new Jeep the thermostat needle is pointed straight up so dead center at 50%. I'm just wondering if this is normal for new Jeeps or if I am running a little hot.

Looking forward to getting much inspiration and information from this Forum. I've been glued to it for the last couple of months doing research.

Noah

·
Registered
293 Posts
That's completely normal. They run smack dab straight up the middle. If you have EVIC you will see they run around 205-210 consistently.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
RETIRED MODERATER
35,001 Posts
Mine runs straight up, in hot as hell Phoenix..:firedevil:

We seen 121° last summer and the needle only went about a needle width past the center and that was at a stop light. As soon as I stared moving in traffic, it went right back to center.
So center is the norm..

·
Registered
293 Posts
Mine runs straight up, in hot as hell Phoenix..:firedevil:

We seen 121° last summer and the needle only went about a needle width past the center and that was at a stop light. As soon as I stared moving in traffic, it went right back to center.
So center is the norm..

121. wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! im glad I live in New England.

·
Registered
509 Posts
If you have EVIC, you will see temps anywhere from 205 to 226, and the needle will stay pretty much centered if the EVIC is in that range. Again, that is completely normal, and nothing to worry about. If the needle moves drastically away from center, then you can worry.

·
Registered
6,202 Posts
Dead center is exactly where you want it. If it moves 2 or 3 ticks to the right and you arent driving up a cliff, something may be wrong. I very rarely get mine to move.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Center is correct. Going up large hills mine will sometimes move a little further right. For a while it was getting close to 3/4 at times. I change coolant religiously and had already done that twice by 20k including a flush from the dealer. Dealer ended up replacing both heads and later the water pump as well, all under warranty. Now it usually only moves a tick or two past center at worst in hot weather going up large hills but I also have a non recessed winch, brawler lite with front skid, and am running 35's on 4.10's so my guess is that it is fairly normal at this point.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts