Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,710 Posts
One of the all time tutorial videos.

Hope they do a lift kit next.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I am interested to see how easy or hard it is to put back on with this set up. Seems easy enough to get off. Does anyone have a video putting the top back on from this kind of setup?

·
Super Moderator
9,601 Posts
I personally would NOT use screw in anchors. I'd drill a hole through a cross stringer that went across all the stringers in the ceiling crawl space and use a bolt/nut style anchor. Hanging from one anchor for a few seconds doesn't really prove anything. It's the repeated pulling in lowering of the hardtop that will cause those anchors to eventually be pulled loose. For what a hard top window or replacing the hardtop itself would cost a little extra work would be well worth the time and cost of using a bolt style anchor.

·
Registered
123 Posts
The guy that filmed that video is hearing impaired. Hence, no dialogue. I watched a few from his YouTube channel - very funny!

·
Registered
894 Posts
That will be tough to lower, if you know how those straps work. Dumb idea.
Agreed. Taking down one side will tough to NOT let it slip. Also I would not use screw in anchors. They will eventually pull out.

·
Registered
851 Posts
I am interested to see how easy or hard it is to put back on with this set up. Seems easy enough to get off. Does anyone have a video putting the top back on from this kind of setup?
^This. Up is easy (well semi-easy...you have to run around to each strap multiple times). Down not so much.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts