Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was an article on Yahoo that talked a about vehicles with the top resale value. The wrangler came in 3rd place. Just wanted to share this....

3. Jeep Wrangler MSRP: $22,195 Resale value retained after five years: 55.3% It's loud, it's not terribly reliable, it sucks up gas at a combined 19 miles per gallon and it doesn't store a whole lot unless you get the stretched-out Unlimited version. That said, nothing looks quite like it and nothing's an acceptable off-road substitute at this price. The ground clearance and four-wheel drive come in awfully handy in miserable winter weather, while that removable hardtop makes it a sweet open-air ride in the summer. Car buyers don't pick up a used version of the Wrangler because they want to truck the kids around or make grocery runs. They buy it because they want a "Jeep," and all the frivolities that go along with it.

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
re: "They buy it because they want a "Jeep," and all the frivolities that go along with it. "

frivolities? FRIVOLITIES????

They fantasize over mall-rider street toys and have the gall/ignorance to use the work FRIVOLITIES??? They slather over such as Prius and the like, which is neither meat nor drink (sayeth the Bard) while there's MOST of the WORLD without pavement, upon which to explore in comfort and reliability, with them very 'frivolities'???

...pardon me, I'm going out for a bit of frivolous dirt-joy.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
re: "They buy it because they want a "Jeep," and all the frivolities that go along with it. "

They fantasize over mall-rider street toys and have the gall/ignorance to use the work FRIVOLITIES??? They slather over such as Prius and the like, which is neither meat nor drink (sayeth the Bard) while there's MOST of the WORLD without pavement, upon which to explore in comfort and reliability, with them very 'frivolities'???

:rofl::thumb: Your whole post was "frivolous"

·
..shall not be infringed!
4,666 Posts

And, that pretty much sums it up, too. :thumb:

The word they should have used is utilitarian - pretty much the opposite of frivolous...

And, where can I buy this mythical 2008 Wrangler for 55% of it's new price?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts