Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where can I find a thin 15 mm wrench to hold the pin bolt on my brake calipers? I'd rather not have to mail order one. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Maybe try a local bicycle shop. I have a bicycle tool kit that I ordered from Amazon and it came with several sizes of thin wrenches.

·
Super Moderator
21,933 Posts
Maybe try a local bicycle shop. I have a bicycle tool kit that I ordered from Amazon and it came with several sizes of thin wrenches.
x2 I have some Parktool bicycle wrenches and that is what I have used for my brake pin bolts. short of that you can always grind a cheap 15mm wrench flat as they don't take much to hold them.

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. I assume bike as in bicycle correct?

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, Park tools are bicycle tools.
Thanks, I'm looking to do the Teraflex big rotor kits and read the thin wrench is needed for the caliper pins. However, the Teraflex install video installer seems to be using a regular 15mm craftsman wrench.

·
Super Moderator
21,933 Posts
Thanks, I'm looking to do the Teraflex big rotor kits and read the thin wrench is needed for the caliper pins. However, the Teraflex install video installer seems to be using a regular 15mm craftsman wrench.
I did the big rotor kit and standard craftsman or a standard husky or a standard snapon would not work for me. fortunately I have bicycle tools as well. Park or shimano pedal wrenches work great.

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I did the big rotor kit and standard craftsman or a standard husky or a standard snapon would not work for me. fortunately I have bicycle tools as well. Park or shimano pedal wrenches work great.
Thanks. I was a 15mm needed correct? I'd rather not by a full set if I can help it.

·
Super Moderator
21,933 Posts

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Kobalt FTW!!!

I just crawled under my Jeep... a regular Kobalt is thin enough to fit. :)
Turns out that it's actually the only 15mm wrench I have. I guess my other sets did not come w/ a 15mm.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Make a thin wrench. Buy a cheap wrench and take a grinder to it. Now, if you don't have a grinder then buy a thin wrench..lol

·
Super Moderator
21,933 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts