Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a new 2017 Wrangler two door about two years and half ago . I did the free service for four oil changes then did It myself last week . I found the expansion Tank was totally empty not good . I found no leaks the Jeep is parked in the same spot all the time at home no leak under it . The oil in the drain pan is fine no water i change at 4,000 miles . The Jeep just turned over 20,000 miles with zero problems . I never did look in that tank before last week the Jeep ran cool never got hot and the heater works fine .

The dam thing may have been low setting on the dealers lot new .

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts
for the record they come straight from the factor at the minimum line. I have had 4 new wranglers and every one was that way.

·
Retired Moderator
100,675 Posts
Its a good idea to check both your coolant and engine oil level's at gas fill ups.
Wranglers have a coolant vented system, so some of the coolant will evaporate.

Reactions: jadmt

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
Its a good idea to check both your coolant and engine oil level's at gas fill ups.
Wranglers have a coolant vented system, so some of the coolant will evaporate.
I have read this before. Any idea how much might evaporate per say 1000 miles?
I do periodically smell coolant, albeit not a very strong odor, like the other day when out driving in the x-mas tree fields looking for a tree.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
jadmt Thank You I would think it would be to the full line when new guess not .
Also it being at the dealer four times for an oil change and not filled to full line .
I guess you get what you pay for .

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts
Also it being at the dealer four times for an oil change and not filled to full line .
you actually don't want it at the max line otherwise it slops out when you are offroad. I made that mistake once and only once.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
I always say if the minimum wasn't enough then it wouldn't be the minimum.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts