Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 259 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have all done something we regret or buying something we really regret buying.

Things I regret buying or doing are as follows:
1. buying nerf bars
2. buying a console for Steele Horse (it broke while I was installing it)
3. buying tubular bumpers for my TJ. Rust took care of that problem!
4. I regret driving onto of a huge mound of snow thinking that my 4 wheel drive would be able to handle it. I got stuck. My wheels were completely off the ground. I had to shovel all the snow from underneath my Jeep in order to free it. It took me 2 hours to get free.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Smittybilt rear tire carrier and bumper, going into a puddle not knowing how deep it is with the top and doors off it turned into a bath, drop the gas tank with 1 bottle jack by myself in a parking lot, the list goes on

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
I agree with the water thing, I almost submerged my front end before I got it into reverse (water over the hood)!

Never will I get neoprene seat covers again. They keep the water off the seat and stuck to your clothes.:D

·
Registered
88 Posts
A CARR light bar. . drilling into the windshield frame. Just because my dad said oh its cheaper. pay the extra 20 dollars for a light bar that screws into jeeps existing holes. now my jeep will have holes if i decide to take it off.

·
Registered
7,150 Posts
I regret buying a HiLift jack. They are useless. If anyone wants to buy mine, let me know. (However I just said they're useless, so you'd have to be crazy to take the bait...)

·
Registered
7,150 Posts
9. Washing under the hood and blasting the TPS sensor directly with the water hose several times..
I'm going to need a full TPS report on that occurance, and don't forget the new cover sheets we're putting on the TPS reports. :D

Reactions: K-bobulator

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
I'm going to need a full TPS report on that occurance, and don't forget the new cover sheets we're putting on the TPS reports. :D
ummm yea did you get the memo about the tps sheets?

Best movie ever:punk:

Reactions: K-bobulator

·
I AM THERE4 I JEEP
12,295 Posts
Going to Uwharrie when my Jeep was 3 weeks old and not knowing the advantages of the no stall feature on my JK and 4LO while off roading and using my clutch way to much.:banghead:

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
So far I happy with what I have done. I bought the jeep in April this year so I havnt had much time for regrets yet. So far I have

Changed all the fluids
replaced the exhaust manifold
new exhaust with flomaster 40 series
homemade 1.25" body lift
homemade 1.5" MML
rough country 3.25" lift kit
bfg at 33x12.5 on AR767s
hard top and bikini top
homemade front bumper
brakes rotors and calipers
Smittybuilt tube fenders

Im sure Im missing something and Im sure I will get flamed for the Rough country and Smittybuilt product but I'm happy with them for now. Eventually I will get a long arm kit but with 2 young kids I have many other priorities.

·
Rather be on the mountain
1,476 Posts
I'll never change another set of fender flares for as long as I live! It's a major pain when all but one of the threaded inserts spins in the fenders. I'll use the heat gun trick in the future!
Plus, I may never change my tranny fluid ever again, I hate doing that job! Ok I probably will, but I like to tell myself I won't.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I'll never do any sort of deep water crossing again. Sure a snorkel will save you from getting water in the intake and hydrolocking your engine from the top end. But it will not stop water from finding it's way into the crankcase from the bottom end.

--Fix your rear main oil seals if you do water crossings. Even if your leak is very minor....

·
Registered
207 Posts
Teraflex 1st gen control arms. hate them. I've also had nothing but problems with my OX locker, but everyone else I know with one loves it. I wish I could get back the months of my life I spent screwing around with a flat belly skid until I decided to drop it 1.5".

·
Registered
871 Posts
any used aftermarket parts...I always end up spending as much or more than new trying to rig it or re-hab it.

1 - 20 of 259 Posts