Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Added this winch on last night before my wife got home....she doesn't know I spent the $500!!! Since she's not really a "Jeep" girl......maybe she won't notice...?!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Funny and good luck. I'm working on my better half... still haven't hit the trails with her so I don't know...fingers crossed!

·
Registered
807 Posts
Let's all guess how long before she notice it.:D

I say 3 days.

·
Registered
105 Posts
If she does notice, I would say this:

"Whadda ya mean? All I did was move it out from behind the grille. I think it looks better out here on the bumper. Don't you? Hey, wanna go out for dinner?"

That should do it.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Said it once, I'll say it again. "Look hun, won it in a raffle with $20! How awesome is that?!?! Do you KNOW how much these things go for online?"

I find bringing it to HER attention makes it a bit more believable. Make sure to ditch the receipts and shred the bank statements. No loose ends, am I understood? 0_0

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts
I feel sorry for you guys not being married to jeep girls... :(

Have you tried getting them interested? Maybe buy them a cute jeep hat or shirt? Ask them for a suggestion on a font or decal? Or what color spiderwebshade would look best on your jeep? Make sure it's something clean and easy, if they aren't outdoors-y types. Maybe it will make them more interested...

My problem is I can't wait to find out what the next mod is! :D

·
Premium Member
1,927 Posts
I feel sorry for you guys not being married to jeep girls... :( Have you tried getting them interested? Maybe buy them a cute jeep hat or shirt? Ask them for a suggestion on a font or decal? Or what color spiderwebshade would look best on your jeep? Make sure it's something clean and easy, if they aren't outdoors-y types. Maybe it will make them more interested... My problem is I can't wait to find out what the next mod is! :D
I'll ask mine what she thinks and she'll always just say "it's your jeep."

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm only half serious here....she really doesn't know I got it, but we don't get uptight with each other's purchases....but between guns and Jeep I have spent way too much in the last 2 months!!

·
Registered
365 Posts
LMBO ..... You ain't got no problems, I bought a 09 rubi without telling my wife. Then told her I was gonna stay at the lake house a few days so she wouldn't see it. I've got it coming!!! LOL

·
Registered
483 Posts
She'll see it, especially with bumpers and fenders that naturally draw your attention to the front.

·
Registered
688 Posts
LMBO ..... You ain't got no problems, I bought a 09 rubi without telling my wife. Then told her I was gonna stay at the lake house a few days so she wouldn't see it. I've got it coming!!! LOL
Lmfao ok the raffle line will not work for you sorry hahaha

·
Registered
785 Posts
Didn't told her neither when I bought my Jeep. On my way from from the job, I saw it, made the deal and came back home with it.

One month later, she said it's my time, change mine.... this wan't budgeted

·
Registered
409 Posts
Kinda in the vein of what StarBrite said: You could ask her the age old question

Honey, does this winch make my Jeep look BIG???

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
Take your wife wheeling', find a mud hole and get slightly stuck and then use the winch to get out. Then say " We could have been stuck here for days until help arrived ..."

1 - 20 of 35 Posts