Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
zombie & ninja slayer
2,276 Posts
That's pretty good considering that kit costs almost 10k to convert it to a truck

·
Registered
844 Posts
I'd be real curious as to why it was converted-was it totalled in an accident? Somebody put a lot of money into it...

·
Registered
213 Posts
That's a Gr8tops half cab, not the brute conversion like the ad title says. Big Difference.
All that consists of is a half hardtop and bulkhead. The same kit just sold on a local forum for $1,000.00 and it included an extra bulkhead.

IIRC, the kit is only $3,500.00 from Gr8tops.

That rig is way overpriced.

Vince

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
totally overpriced. You're getting a half-top...not a Brute conversion.

You're also getting ProComp wheels and tires and Smittybilt bumpers and seat covers...not "high end" components.

It's a good looking LJ, but probably priced about $10k too high.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
If that is a Rubi shouldn't there be a sway bar disconnect switch by the locker switches? Also there is only one locker switch, shouldn't there be two? Front and rear.
The auto disconnect option did not happen until the Jk Rubi.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the replies. When I test drove it, I took it by a local Jeep shop (Tom's 4x4) and had them look it over for me. They said it was very nice, and had the Rubitrux conversion kit, and said that the conversion kit cost about $4,500. They said it was very clean and looked to be done right. So, all in all they said the Rubicon alone without the conversion kit retailed for $19-20k. So they said to add about $5k to that and that's about what it's worth, so they said the dealer was pretty spot on with what they were asking. Should I have any other concerns? Thanks for the help guys

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
That's pretty good considering that kit costs almost 10k to convert it to a truck
your thinkin of the AEV Brut kit thats not it. Thats just an unlimited with a AEV brute half hard top and thats it.

·
Registered
844 Posts
If that is a Rubi shouldn't there be a sway bar disconnect switch by the locker switches? Also there is only one locker switch, shouldn't there be two? Front and rear.
I have an 03 rubicon-and the locker switch is a 2 way switch...click once for rear locker, twice for front and rear, you can't turn on just the front lockers. (although it has been done by some that want the better control).
So the switch in the picture is correct.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
It's a great looking Jeep, and I think we'd all be happy for you if you owned it, but I don't think anyone would want to see you overpaying $5k just for a half-hardtop on an otherwise mildly modified LJ.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It's a great looking Jeep, and I think we'd all be happy for you if you owned it, but I don't think anyone would want to see you overpaying $5k just for a half-hardtop on an otherwise mildly modified LJ.
True. I think I'll pass on it with this being the case. Thanks for your help

1 - 12 of 12 Posts