Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

Think this is a pretty good deal? Rubitrux

6692 11
I found a local 2006 Unlimited Rubicon that has the Rubitrux conversion kit. It was done right and looks and rides amazing, plus has some high end components, like the bumpers. Here is the link to the ad, what do you guys think?

2006 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon W/Brute Pkg!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
213 Posts
That's a Gr8tops half cab, not the brute conversion like the ad title says. Big Difference.
All that consists of is a half hardtop and bulkhead. The same kit just sold on a local forum for $1,000.00 and it included an extra bulkhead.

IIRC, the kit is only $3,500.00 from Gr8tops.

That rig is way overpriced.

Vince

· Registered
1,997 Posts
totally overpriced. You're getting a half-top...not a Brute conversion.

You're also getting ProComp wheels and tires and Smittybilt bumpers and seat covers...not "high end" components.

It's a good looking LJ, but probably priced about $10k too high.

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the replies. When I test drove it, I took it by a local Jeep shop (Tom's 4x4) and had them look it over for me. They said it was very nice, and had the Rubitrux conversion kit, and said that the conversion kit cost about $4,500. They said it was very clean and looked to be done right. So, all in all they said the Rubicon alone without the conversion kit retailed for $19-20k. So they said to add about $5k to that and that's about what it's worth, so they said the dealer was pretty spot on with what they were asking. Should I have any other concerns? Thanks for the help guys

· Registered
844 Posts
If that is a Rubi shouldn't there be a sway bar disconnect switch by the locker switches? Also there is only one locker switch, shouldn't there be two? Front and rear.
I have an 03 rubicon-and the locker switch is a 2 way switch...click once for rear locker, twice for front and rear, you can't turn on just the front lockers. (although it has been done by some that want the better control).
So the switch in the picture is correct.

· Registered
1,997 Posts
It's a great looking Jeep, and I think we'd all be happy for you if you owned it, but I don't think anyone would want to see you overpaying $5k just for a half-hardtop on an otherwise mildly modified LJ.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.