Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone i own a 2004 wrangler unlimited with 98k on it long story short i end up fixing something every now and then whole reason i brought a jeep so i don't gotta fix nothing just drive but that was wishful thinking. Only owned it for almost two years and hardly go off roading so not like its due to me talking it wheeling just normal ware and tare. My question to you JK owners are how much did you pay for yours and what are your payments like. I'M 23 still living at home still own $11,885 on my LJ now. Went to a dealer today just to see what i could get my payments and blah blah. Can only afford a two door really want a four but can only afford the two.

2012 two door sport around $28k my trade in 8k 3k left over so they will add that to the price of the new one so pretty much out the door for a new two door sport S auto $33k with about $537 a month. Think I'm getting screwed over here? I know my LJ has high miles but its a wrangler they hold their values very well. Brought it from the dealer with 88k for $13k. Think just giving me 8k is a little to low.

·
Insert something witty...
596 Posts
No expert here, but 8K seems low. Also, go with the two door even if you can afford the 4 door! Good luck!

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Also on my LJ I've changed all the fluids New rear Alloy use axles new front u joints steering wheel skid plate windshield lights couple other little things so I've put some money into it.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Having a loan balance to pay off puts you at a big disadvantage
Understand the dealer can't make a profit if he buys yours for the same he
can sell it.
Best bet to take difference of existing payment & what the new payment would be
put back in savings and accrue a cash lump sum so that you can buy a 2012 at discount at end of 2012 model year. IE lower loan balance, discount 2012's cause the 13's are coming in. and cash down with trade gets you a better interest rate

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Understandable but if i wanna get it by the end of the year to save a little more money i can't cause one its the holidays so my extra money will be going for gifts and i won't be able to save up enough in such a little time to make a difference.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hey everyone i own a 2004 wrangler unlimited with 98k on it long story short i end up fixing something every now and then whole reason i brought a jeep so i don't gotta fix nothing just drive but that was wishful thinking. Only owned it for almost two years and hardly go off roading so not like its due to me talking it wheeling just normal ware and tare. My question to you JK owners are how much did you pay for yours and what are your payments like. I'M 23 still living at home still own $11,885 on my LJ now. Went to a dealer today just to see what i could get my payments and blah blah. Can only afford a two door really want a four but can only afford the two.

2012 two door sport around $28k my trade in 8k 3k left over so they will add that to the price of the new one so pretty much out the door for a new two door sport S auto $33k with about $537 a month. Think I'm getting screwed over here? I know my LJ has high miles but its a wrangler they hold their values very well. Brought it from the dealer with 88k for $13k. Think just giving me 8k is a little to low.
You should be able to get a 2012 4d Sport pretty well loaded up for about the same price they are selling you a 2 door.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yea that's what I was thinking $28k for a sport s 2 door is a little high if you ask me i don't know if thats the normal price for them or the dealer thought I was stupid and jacked up the prices. They smelled pretty shady with everything going to go back where I brought my wrangler and try it there. Just go there with a different mind set and price rang! Just want a new wrangler so I don't gotta worry about fixing stuff and have a warranty to back it up.

·
Registered
8 Posts
i just bought a 2009 sahara 4 door with 42k on it from a dealer in jersey. it cost me like 27k my payments are like 350 a month. you can def find a 4 door used for a reasonable price it took me about a month of searching to find this one when i heard the price i didnt think id be able to afford it but they made it work

·
Super Moderator
53,758 Posts
jmatthius said:
i just bought a 2009 sahara 4 door with 42k on it from a dealer in jersey. it cost me like 27k my payments are like 350 a month. you can def find a 4 door used for a reasonable price it took me about a month of searching to find this one when i heard the price i didnt think id be able to afford it but they made it work
27 for a 09? :eek:

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wranglers hold their value very well! When I told the guy the miles he made this weird face and I was like its a wrangler! I brought it for $13k with 88k! After taxes n all I paid $15k for it but they were still asking 13 for something with 88k on it. If I do buy I don't want other used one. So much bad luck with used wanna try and get my first new car so I know what I'm getting!

·
Super Moderator
53,758 Posts
mannyssj13 said:
Wranglers hold their value very well! When I told the guy the miles he made this weird face and I was like its a wrangler! I brought it for $13k with 88k! After taxes n all I paid $15k for it but they were still asking 13 for something with 88k on it. If I do buy I don't want other used one. So much bad luck with used wanna try and get my first new car so I know what I'm getting!
Should get a new jeep :whistling:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Buy a new one

I set out to buy a used Wrangler and after searching for months decided screw that given the prices and I bought new 2012 Wrangler Sport. I would wait until you have the cash to buy new

·
Registered
32 Posts
Manny i would shop around because i traded in my altima SER and one dealer said 9 and then i shopped around and when i went back they tried to lower it so i told them exactly what i wanted for my car and they gave it to me. So i would just be stern with them and tell them what payments you are looking for don't let me them throw out numbers to you!

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
If I did get one right now I can only afford a 2 door basic model wrangler not what I want so I'll just wait save up some money on top of my trade so I can get what I really want which is a 4 door one. I went to other dealer and they offered me 8k as well but were nicer and worked with me a lot better then the last just don't wanna spend money on a basic wrangler! Don't need one that bad ill just wait a little! I wanna keep my payments under $400 a month and not going to pay $450 for a basic sport 2 door! Forget that!

·
Registered
451 Posts
I have always been of the opinion that if you can't afford what you want, you shouldn't buy. If it is a new JKU what you are looking for, why are you putting all your money into a basic 2 door sport?
You say that you can't even buy your christmas presents anymore! Dude, face it: you can't afford it.....yet! And that is no shame, just the way it is imho. So, what to do: I would stop investing in your LJ, just enough to keep it up and running and take your girl out. With 98K on it, you will get more or less the same amount of money if you trade it in a year or so. The same does not apply to a new JKU; highest depreciation is in the first couple of years. Cut down on worthless daily expenses, work your ass off and I'm sure that in no time you will have the keys of your dream Jeep in your pocket! It is always good to have a goal you're working towards to. And it might even be better if that goal remains there for a long time; it makes the satisfaction only greater once you achieve it. Good luck!:thumb:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts