Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1) i have seen superbrightLEDs.com mentioned - can anyone confirm if the are simply unplug the old bulbs and plub in new ones and you are good... no other mods needed?

2) is there a thread anywhere for this?

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah i was just kind of surpised that there have been no pictures of them!

seems like simple plug and play - i might have to be the first!!!!

·
Registered
45 Posts
I got my LED's yesterday & installed them today. I read in another thread about this: just remove any screw that seems to be in your way. All you want to get at is behind the display clusters. You'll see once you get into it. If you don't change the heat/air bulbs, which are #74 at Super Bright LED's, then all you need to replace are 7 bulbs #194 & pick your colors. There's 4 in the Tach & Speedo cluster & 3 in the rest. I also have a YJ & mine is a '95. It was so easy.:dance:

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
What year is your YJ? There are 2 generations of YJ, both use a different number of bulbs.

·
Registered
192 Posts
i want to do mine also i have a 95 wrangler i want all the dash lights changed every single one, so which bulbs do i get and how many? haha i have seen so many mix ups on different threads, some people say they have some spots on there guage missing color i don't want that

·
Registered
444 Posts
The main thing to consider from older generation YJs and newer is that the older YJs need the 360degree bulbs or you will get hot spots on the tach and speedo. The newer YJs illuminate from the back so you can get by with LED bulbs that aren't 360degree.

1 - 20 of 107 Posts