Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at an '08 tomorrow....just not sure if I want to get that old of one or if I want to wait until I can get a newer one. But....I'm kinda tired of waiting! LOL anything wrong with '08s that anyone can fill me in?

·
Registered
823 Posts
An '08 model specifically, should be good as long as it was serviced as was needed. Any recalls would have been fixed there. Significant recalls for the 2008 model year included a lack of transmission fluid warning system, wearing between the front fender liners and the break fluid tubes, and maybe the whole gas spewing out of the gas tank upon filling, but not positive about that one.

·
Registered
915 Posts
If you want to find a good used one, look at '11s. I also see you're from Illinois, which the site's featured dealer, Field's Jeep, is from Illinois. I'm sure he'd be able to get you the best deal around.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's exactly the things I want to know about before I go look at it. Of course, I am concerned about cosmetic looks as well but I do not want to trade in my crappy HHR for a Jeep that's going to have issues in a year!

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
The 08 JK is a fine used jeep, make sure the maintenance has been done as stated above. No major issues, no cylinder head replacements, not any excessive horsepower, 202, but they just run. Mine has 46000 on it and runs and performs fantastic. No problems at all, other than sucking my wallet dry with upgrades!

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sorry my phone was being stupid.....I'm specifically looking at any pre-owned Unlimited. Tomorrow I'm going to look at an '08 Unlimited Sahara. There are a few options that I won't settle on-it must have Bluetooth, it must have a hard-top, it must have dark interior(no tan), exterior must be a classic color(I'm going to keep it a long time & I don't want a color like Crush Orange!), and I think that's the short list....LOL

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
pebbles1472 said:
Sorry my phone was being stupid.....I'm specifically looking at any pre-owned Unlimited. Tomorrow I'm going to look at an '08 Unlimited Sahara. There are a few options that I won't settle on-it must have Bluetooth, it must have a hard-top, it must have dark interior(no tan), exterior must be a classic color(I'm going to keep it a long time & I don't want a color like Crush Orange!), and I think that's the short list....LOL
Look for a clean rubicon

·
Registered
373 Posts
I have a 12 JKR and my wife had a 08 JKRU that we just traded in for a 13 Cadillac CTS four door. The reason we were keeping the U was for the four doors. We decided we didn't need two JK Rubicons. It only had 28K on it, not a scratch and never had been offroad, Bright Silver Metallic. Would be nice if you lived closer to AZ, someone is going to get a very nice jeep.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I wish we lived near Pheonix.....TONS of Jeeps on Craig's List! Told hubby that we may need to take a road trip! LOL

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Oh....and that '08 was a joke! Wanted WAY too much for it considering it had 3 chips out of the windshield, hole in the driver seat & the back speaker bracket was rusting. $25979.....are you kidding me?!!?!

·
Registered
892 Posts
Oh....and that '08 was a joke! Wanted WAY too much for it considering it had 3 chips out of the windshield, hole in the driver seat & the back speaker bracket was rusting. $25979.....are you kidding me?!!?!
This is why I would rather settle for a stripped down new model. This Jeep is 5 model years old now and still $26k. Probably no warranty and all the wear items like tires and brakes probably havent been done. Good luck!

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
...ain't Love GRAND!!!!!

congratulations on the family addition!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts