Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I just recently purchased my first Jeep and am enjoying it, but think the stereo system could using some upgrades. I have a 2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport that came with the 430 head unit, but unfortunately, doesn't have the bluetooth capability set up. I imagine it has the basic stock speakers. It seems like I need to turn the volume almost all the way up to hear anything. I figure I'd rather replace the head unit altogether vs paying just to get the bluetooth features installed.

I'm not very knowledgeable on speaker systems, but I've seen comments that replacing the head unit can help a lot with sound quality so wanted to see what if ya'll thought this would be a good first investment. I figure I'll eventually install some aftermarket speakers and an amplifier as well, but am trying to stay on a budget.

Here is what looks like a nice unit with good reviews and Apple CarPlay on sale at Best Buy currently with free installation (of course it'll still need another $130 worth of install parts to hook it up to my stearing well controls). Anyone with experience with this unit?

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

·
Retired Moderator
101,551 Posts
:welcome: to the Forum..:wavey:

Reactions: HoosierDoc

·
Knows a couple things...
49,495 Posts
Upgrading the speakers will have a MUCH greater effect on improving the sound than replacing the HU will. Something like the Polk DB series of speakers are a nice match for a stock HU or an aftermarket HU with a typical amplifier. Polk's DB speakers have a high Sensitivity rating which means they don't need a lot of power to sound good.

If you do replace your HU to get one with Bluetooth as I did, find a Sony with Bluetooth or at least stay away from Pioneer. I switched from my old Sony to a new Pioneer to get Bluetooth and I can barely figure out how to work the new Pioneer, it has a terrible overly complex user interface. Sony's isn't real easy either but it's easy compared to the Pioneer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts