Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Arb is twice the cost but is it worth it?

Also, I have my dual arb pump underneath passenger seat but I want to mount the tank in the trunk and run a remote connect next to the seat or maybe underneath the rear seat for easy access. Any suggested air hose runs from compressor to tank and tank to remote connector?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
956 Posts
Arb is twice the cost but is it worth it?

Also, I have my dual arb pump underneath passenger seat but I want to mount the tank in the trunk and run a remote connect next to the seat or maybe underneath the rear seat for easy access. Any suggested air hose runs from compressor to tank and tank to remote connector?

I have arb dual compressor and arb 1 gallon tank mounted to an arb bracket
under passenger side seat. Very happy with the setup

Attachments

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have arb dual compressor and arb 1 gallon tank mounted to an arb bracket

under passenger side seat. Very happy with the setup
Really like your setup,surprised you got it to fit. Is there a mounting kit to do this? Also, any concern for condensation in that tank? It doesn't have a release valve on the bottom

·
Registered
6,720 Posts
It's questions like this that makes me wonder how much air pressure the rear bumper can take before it starts to deform or blow. It's a hollow and completely enclosed container just begging to be used as an air tank.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Really like your setup,surprised you got it to fit. Is there a mounting kit to do this? Also, any concern for condensation in that tank? It doesn't have a release valve on the bottom

here is the bracket. I ordered extra fittings and hoses, was not sure how to plumb it. tank comes with fittings already installed. its a tight fit, but works
have not heard of any condensation issues with air tanks.

https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/...ories/3550210-arb-compressor-mounting-bracket

·
Registered
897 Posts
It's questions like this that makes me wonder how much air pressure the rear bumper can take before it starts to deform or blow. It's a hollow and completely enclosed container just begging to be used as an air tank.
People do it all the time with metal tube bumpers but there isn't much volume available. An over-pressure relief valve is a good idea. And a petcock to drain moisture, obviously.

I was going to say you'd have to be nuts to push any useful pressure into the crappy flimsy stock plastic bumper, but thinking about it more, the plastic around the fitting would probably fail and leak before there was enough pressure to cause a more serious blow-out. Weakest point, and all that.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
897 Posts
Or a water storage tank. Check out @Hydro tankllc on Instagram.
There are several people doing that in the cheap-mods mega-thread. Read about some folks who run it through a little RV pump so it's pressurized at about 45-50 PSI.

·
Registered
6,774 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts

·
Registered
911 Posts
Best setup, what do you use yours for?

I run a twin Arb to air up. It speeds the airing up because the tank stores air and while moving from one tire to another it continues to build the air reserve and pressure. I have two quick disconnects. One on the front bumper and one on the rear license plate mount.

Attachments

·
Registered
911 Posts
Great idea, Looks nice.. Well done. Unfortunately that would get ripped off up here in the northern bush country.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Perhaps but is is higher than the driveshaft or the exhaust. I also has more clearance that the original evap container skid. I moved the evap to above the rear axle.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Is it safe to daisy chain 2 separate tanks together? I dont have space for a 2 gallon in the cabin but I do have space for two 1-gallon tanks underneath the back seat.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Is it safe to daisy chain 2 separate tanks together? I dont have space for a 2 gallon in the cabin but I do have space for two 1-gallon tanks underneath the back seat.

I don't see a problem with that as long as you don't exceed the rating on the tanks. Boom inside the cab.

·
Registered
429 Posts
I have a question for those of you who are using tanks. Do you have some kind of pressure relief valve like on a regular garage compressor to unload the pressure off of the pump when it is not in use, starting up without a load?

·
Registered
911 Posts
I have a question for those of you who are using tanks. Do you have some kind of pressure relief valve like on a regular garage compressor to unload the pressure off of the pump when it is not in use, starting up without a load?
The ARB is equipped with the Over-pressure safety valve.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
I run a 2.5 gallon setup in the rear. I run a pre axle exhaust dump and got rid of the storage cubby. I have an in cab monitor for air pressure(via long air line) and it is switched to my Apollointech controller.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 32 Posts