Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've only had my Jeep for 2 weeks and the wheel bug has already bitten :facepalm: I'm currently running 285/70/17 bfg KM2's on the stock Rubicon rims. I've ALWAYS had a thing for Jeeps with tires that stick out beyond the fenders, and with my current setup, they sit just inside the fenders. Since I can't find a picture of it, would a set of AEV Pintlers with 4.7 BS push them out beyond the fenders? I assume they would move them approximately 1.5" outward? Does anyone have a picture showing this?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
That bug does not stop biting. I battled with dealer for a set of wheels from another Jeep. 2 weeks later I was looking at wheels, LoL. Good Luck. MB 72 on 15" rims, and Duratracs are popular here. Search word Duratracs will pull probably 1 million posts with pictures.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I think you are right about that the MB72's are sweet and the Duratrac seems to be the tire of choice, You can get a $100.00 off by spending a few bucks on a Treadlightly discount!

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
So I've only had my Jeep for 2 weeks and the wheel bug has already bitten :facepalm: I'm currently running 285/70/17 bfg KM2's on the stock Rubicon rims. I've ALWAYS had a thing for Jeeps with tires that stick out beyond the fenders, and with my current setup, they sit just inside the fenders. Since I can't find a picture of it, would a set of AEV Pintlers with 4.7 BS push them out beyond the fenders? I assume they would move them approximately 1.5" outward? Does anyone have a picture showing this?

Thanks
Your stock rims have a bs of 6.25", so with the 4.7" bs on the Pintler's, it'll push your wheels out 1.55" on each side. That's actually a pretty good increase.

Remember, though: tires that stick out past the fenders will paint your Jeep with road slime every time it rains. Doesn't bother me, but if you wanna keep it clean...

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
I assume you want to keep your tires and just get new rims?

The suggested backspacing is 4.5" or less. 4.7" would probably be fine since it's really close. There are dozens of choices with that combo. You probably want to go with something 17 X 8.

Read up in the wheels section: Tires & Wheels - Jeep Wrangler Forum

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
The Pintlers are a decent looking wheel, and they will push your tires out from the fenders, but just barely. For visual reference, the attached pic shows my 285 series tires on 4.5" backspaced wheels.

However, if it were me, I would throw some matte black XD Addicts on there in a heartbeat. Best looking wheel for the JKs in my opinion. I normally don't recommend them because the smallest diameter they come in is 17s. But, since you already have the tires for them, its a no brained for me. Hehe.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
However, if it were me, I would throw some matte black XD Addicts on there in a heartbeat. Best looking wheel for the JKs in my opinion. I normally don't recommend them because the smallest diameter they come in is 17s. But, since you already have the tires for them, its a no brained for me. Hehe.
x2

I would've gotten the addicts, but decided to get 16" rims and they don't make a 16.

I went with AXT Slot Black in 16 X 8 with 4.5" backspacing. Also available in 17" if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts

Thanks
Might want to check your state regs on exposed tires outside the wheel well. Some state troopers have a hay day writing up guys with the tires hanging out of the fenders... Just a heads up. :popcorn: "BH"

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This didn't take long... Had a great day at the office yesterday and the wife said go ahead and order the wheels, you've earned it :dance:
I ordered argent AEV Pintlers and a set of black Gorilla lug nuts. I also ordered the black embossed center caps from the Savegre wheels in case the yellow caps clash with Dozer.

·
I AM THERE4 I JEEP
12,295 Posts
Not exactly what your looking for but love big ole tires outside the flares. :punk:

33x12.5R15 GY Duratracs on MB72 15x8s 3.75 backspacing

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
M5ivan said:
This didn't take long... Had a great day at the office yesterday and the wife said go ahead and order the wheels, you've earned it :dance:
I ordered argent AEV Pintlers and a set of black Gorilla lug nuts. I also ordered the black embossed center caps from the Savegre wheels in case the yellow caps clash with Dozer.
Congrats! Be sure to post up some pics when you get them.

·
I AM THERE4 I JEEP
12,295 Posts
:popcorn:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts