Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New car should be functional, without a cause. But, no, it decided to be a problem. I am not so happy.

My steering wheel switches for the radio & cluster isn't working. If I read the info right, the fuses I looked at are the ones related (I think) & are ok. But I will be breaking out my tester to check all the fuses later.

And I will be bring mi vehicle back to the bloody dealer.

Has anyone run into this problem before? What was the problem?

The cruise control switch activated on according to the cluster, but I did not see if it will actually work. I'll do that after I leave work.

Any & all help & info would be appreciated!!! SPANK JU!!! lol!

·
Registered
4,765 Posts
Yes, others had that problem. Of course they only added steering switches on 2011 and 2012.

I believe the cure was go to a big open parking lot. Drive in a circle while blowing the horn in a short repeated pattern. Don't remember if it mattered which way you turned the wheel. Switches start working again. Wish I was kidding.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, come one, really??!!! You do have to be joking like a sinister cupcake!

·
Registered
41 Posts
No Kidding! This has come up in many other threads on this forum. Another cure is to "whack" your steering wheel in the 2 O'clock position and that usually gets the buttons working again. Has something to do with the contacts in the steering wheel.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not sure if I want to try now or have the dealer try to fix it. Just cause it's under warrantee. So if it's something like a poor contact or what not they can replace whatever part now, rather than sometime down the line of no more warantee. I won't have to find it & pay for it.

Still, funny as hell. I wonder how the person found the fix.

·
Registered
494 Posts
It makes you wonder how frustrated the person who discovered this must have been. I can imagine some middle aged guy with a bright red face, steam pouring off his head screaming expletives, driving in circles pounding the horn out of frustration.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:rofl::rofl:LMFAO!!:rofl::rofl:

Yea, probably felt like a god after that for fixing it from beating it to a puddle:dance:

It makes you wonder how frustrated the person who discovered this must have been. I can imagine some middle aged guy with a bright red face, steam pouring off his head screaming expletives, driving in circles pounding the horn out of frustration.

·
Registered
4,765 Posts
Not sure if I want to try now or have the dealer try to fix it. Just cause it's under warrantee. So if it's something like a poor contact or what not they can replace whatever part now, rather than sometime down the line of no more warantee. I won't have to find it & pay for it.

Still, funny as hell. I wonder how the person found the fix.
One of the dealers someone took one back too went out to his Jeep and did it in front of him.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well... After like an hour. I went out there to see. Turned the ignition on, turn the steering to 2o'clock (i try just hitting it before with the steering straight before I inquire you peeps about this, it didn't work) & whacked it at the control area. And just like you guys said, the beast worked. I laughed!:rofl:

One of the dealers someone took one back too went out to his Jeep and did it in front of him.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts