Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Am I the only one drooling over the HEMI.....LOL

·
Premium Member
16,902 Posts
Holy crap this is impressive... I'm thinking about the AEV 3.5 now...

https://youtu.be/iJUFdgzmBVY?t=67
Really want to be impressed - Go drive one. They really are Amazing rigs.

Just get the shortest - fattest salesman they have to go with you.... Really hilarious watching one get up and in the Jeep. :)
I had one hanging from the cheapo canvas grab handle like some demented pinata at a fat kid party.

Life is short - gotta find humor where you can.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I had one hanging from the cheapo canvas grab handle like some demented pinata at a fat kid party.

Life is short - gotta find humor where you can.
I literally snort laughed at this. Thank for that!:drinks:

·
Registered
349 Posts
My 3.5" AEV lift is very "sporty" and neutral handling on the pavement as well. It does not mind cornering at all which is pretty impressive considering how capable it is off road as well.

·
Registered
8,929 Posts

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Good stuff!

Great video! :beerdrinking:
Toys, toys toys! :winner:

"When you really have to get to the trail overnight." :thumb:

G

·
This is exactly why almost EVERY one of our Jeeps get an AEV suspension. Realistically, 90-99% of our time spent in our Jeeps is on the road, highway or being daily driven in some sort. Sure we could make more money on other kits, but why compromise something you spend so much time in? JK's and JKU's should never ride like a older TJ and I really don't understand why some people find that acceptable :jawdrop:

·
Registered
618 Posts
2.5" AEV or 2.5" Metalcloak , hard to pick

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Where we're going we don't need roads!

I'm surprised there aren't a lot more of the Teraflex lift kits sold around where I live, and in retirement communities across the country.
This is the most common style of driving I see. Mini-vans to trucks, people are just all over the place....
:D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVFuo3d70CE

·
Registered
349 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
my 2.5 mopar lift is not bad... as a sports car fanatic a find corning in the jeep not to be as terrible as imagine. Even did some canyon carving on a way to a float trip with a fully loaded jeep... 4 people ... and it handled fine besides being underpowered

·
Premium Member
16,902 Posts
Oooh Hey (Yum) Whats the DL/411 on that TeraFlex suspension? That looks like something I'd Likey Likey.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Everyone realizes how slow that jeep was going on the "road course", right? That was not impressive. It was a lifted vehicle behaving like a lifted vehicle on the road, with a sedan going slowly behind it for a few shots.

·
Registered
8,929 Posts
Everyone realizes how slow that jeep was going on the "road course", right? That was not impressive. It was a lifted vehicle behaving like a lifted vehicle on the road, with a sedan going slowly behind it for a few shots.
There's a slalom video too ----- the Jeep wasn't going slowly, btw.
Slow by racecar standards but it feathered the tires. Feathering the tires in one session is pretty special for a Jeep.

·
Registered
115 Posts
And they both handle equally as well in the corners. I've had both. Off road the two can't really be compared. I wanted a lift that did it all and MC provided that for me. Although AEV did as advertised.
I've read snippets like this often, for a total noob just starting his research into lift kits, can you explain where the AEV falls short off road? Everything I read is about how amazing the AEV handles on road (where realistically my Jeep will be 98% of the time), but that it becomes limited off road.

ac

·
Registered
8,929 Posts
I've read snippets like this often, for a total noob just starting his research into lift kits, can you explain where the AEV falls short off road? Everything I read is about how amazing the AEV handles on road (where realistically my Jeep will be 98% of the time), but that it becomes limited off road.

ac
It's absolutely correct ----- AEV, Rubicon Express (that I have), and others that use drop brackets work great on the road and decent offroad but lack the full flex potential of a true long arm kit.
Drop brackets are better than cambolts, better than nothing, and do a very good job at what they're supposed to do. My RE lift has my JKU riding better than new on the road. Bump steer and nose dive are gone. Better shocks. Handles more weight.
As for offroad performance, I have better approach/departure and breakover angles. But range of articulation is about what a stocker has.

MC, Terraflex, Rock Krawler, Synergy, etc. You can build the JK to do more.
Will they handle as well as the AEV or RE on the road? Sorta.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts