Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Those are on CL all the time. Flag it. Usually they say to e-mail at G-mail...it's fake

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
I have never understood why or what reason people have to put up bogus ads like these. What are they trying to accomplish by doing this??

·
Registered
419 Posts
Does he write in english much?

verry clean, low millies??
you vever find on like this???
you never regreat???

Ya, I bet this is legit...and would you look at that, a monkey just flew out of my butt.

·
that's what she said
16,481 Posts
Does he write in english much?

verry clean, low millies??
you vever find on like this???
you never regreat???

Ya, I bet this is legit...and would you look at that, a monkey just flew out of my butt.
uh, have you read some of the posts on here? :p

·
Registered
802 Posts
gone!

·
Registered
386 Posts
3/4s of my Craigslist experience is repeatedly flagging a scam until its removed. Its like a game for me to see how fast I can get it taken down :D

·
Registered
772 Posts
saw a few of those when i was looking but being the cynic that i am i knew better. i did check one out-something along the lines i'm in the service going overseas-i'll freight it to you etc.... mine was a gal trying to sell it-ad disappeared then re appeared from a different surrounding town. not exactly sure how the scam works-but it is a scam.
can't fault CL for them-they do try(somewhat) and there are deals to be had-5 tires/rims $150(for winter) and a brand new sunrider soft top still in the box w/frame, tinted windows, door surrounds etc-$350. the ole adage-if it's too good to be true, it probably isn't definatly applies to CL

·
Registered
1,736 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
saw a few of those when i was looking but being the cynic that i am i knew better. i did check one out-something along the lines i'm in the service going overseas-i'll freight it to you etc.... mine was a gal trying to sell it-ad disappeared then re appeared from a different surrounding town. not exactly sure how the scam works-but it is a scam.
can't fault CL for them-they do try(somewhat) and there are deals to be had-5 tires/rims $150(for winter) and a brand new sunrider soft top still in the box w/frame, tinted windows, door surrounds etc-$350. the ole adage-if it's too good to be true, it probably isn't definatly applies to CL
Yup. I halfway fell for one. I got lured by the girl thing except the price made more sense... IT was an 03 Sport listed with 80,000 miles for 5,000. It wasn't until after I shot an email that I was able to recognize the terrible English. lol

I don't get it..they would have SO MUCH better luck if they priced it better. $2435 for a friggin' 04 SE? I mean come on!

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
OK, we know he can't spell - but 30% of those on here can't either.
We know he can't say what he really means - but there are posts on here the same way.

Does that mean we should always ignore them?

Obviously he's uneducated, or not proficient in English.

Is the conclusion it's fake because of the price? Could it be he forgot a 0 or a comma in the price?

But very true, CL is full of scammers and liars. I tried to sell a truck on there once, the scam replies were so bad I stopped answering any of them.

If he's legitimate, he'll re-post it with corrected information. Or find a more legitimate way to sell it.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
One of those was posted on my local CL today too:
03, low miles, lift, tons of goodies were listed, and only $2700.

It looked a little like he copied someone's forum sig and used that to describe what he was selling.
IMO, no one would spend that much in upgrades, then sell it off at ANY price, let alone THAT price, lol!

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Every one of those I have seen (and I've seen a lot) ALWAYS say to respond to [email protected] I don't know what the deal is with "g-mail" and I don't know how the scam works, but just thought I'd throw that out there.

·
Registered
864 Posts
I e-mailed a very sweet lady on South Bend Indiana CL once . She had the nicest Black Wrangler for cheap you ever saw . And I got the best story ever .

She saw the light and was doing missionary work in some arm/pit place ? So I would just sent the money western Union please and the Wrangler would be sent to my home by truck . At no additional cost to me That,s just to Sick

·
Registered
333 Posts
I'm searching for a TJ right now. Cleveland Craigslist , in my price range had 3 TJ's pop up on there today with CHEAP prices on them. 04' , lifted, 6 cyl. 50000 miles. Spotless $2300. No cities were posted on them either.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts