Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,148 Posts
“Obviously, the gap in purposes and price tags of the 718 twins and the Wrangler couldn't be more vast.” Price tag isn’t as vast as the author believes.

·
Premium Member
3,681 Posts
I can relate. I have a BMW Z4 (almost bought a Boxster, but the Z4 suited my needs better)

Then I bought a second house in Vermont and a Wrangler was the logical choice for that place. Same fun factor, also a convertible, better suited to dirt roads and winter.

I kept the Z4 though, it's fully paid and costs me almost nothing in upkeep (unlike a Porsche)

·
Premium Member
3,681 Posts
You would think they would go for the Cayenne??
Completely different markets. Rich suburbanites who want space for their shopping/gear/kids/dogs. Mostly competes with Range Rover and Mercedes GL. It even comes in diesel forchristsakes.

The boxster appeals to the midlife crisis crowd, at least where I live.

·
Premium Member
8,585 Posts
I traded my Corvette for my Jeep. Well not really, it was actually my truck but it was part of the overall plan when I hit retirement. I got out of the racing and that meant the days of owning Corvettes was at an end and it was time to get back into being able to go just about anywhere I wanted to.

As far as cost, the Corvette may cost more up front but depending how far you take the mods on the Jeep it will be more money.

·
Registered
360 Posts
As an owner of both a 911 and a Wrangler, I find they both have a visceral appeal, are fun to drive and bring a sense of belonging to a community. Even though they serve very different purposes.

·
Premium Member
572 Posts
"Ox cart suspension"?? F#$&in' snob...

Been there, done that... C2, C6.. at 72 at least I can get out of the Wrangler...

You can go fast; I can go anywhere.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts