Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I have been lurking, or better yet learning on here for a few months now and I guess it is finally time to starting interacting! I have a 2012 White JKU Sport S that is loaded with more than I thought that I would ever want in a Wrangler...until I drove it! This is my 3rd Jeep but first Wrangler...why did I wait sooo long??? We purchased it with 10k miles at the end of Dec and both my wife and I LOVE it. (She even went to the local dealer a couple months after we got it and and seriously looked into giving up her new Optima for a White Moab) We already did a 4k mile road trip last month that included Moab and thanks to the forum, we included a camping trip to the bottom of the Grand Canyon...It happened to be 116 degrees when we got down to the Colorado River, which was a little toasty, but it was still one of the most amazing things we have ever done! I'll post details on a different thread soon.

First of all I need to say THANK YOU to all of you! I have learned so much from reading and looking at all of your posts and write ups. The amount of valuable information and knowledge on here is unbelievable. I have done so many things to "Mr. White" that it would have taken years to figure out on my own. Some of them just were just little tweaks and a few other things that were more involved (flat fenders this last weekend). I also joined the local Jeep club and have made some great friends and been on some great runs...and learned even more through them.

I have plans to do a lift in the very near future and new wheels and tires are on the way as we speak...:dance: tic toc tic toc... I know, I know pics are required! I'll be getting some up soon. So, I need everyone's opinion on what lift would be best. Just kidding!! I've learned so much already that I know that I am going to make the right choices for what I plan to do. Thanks again to all for all of your previous experience and knowledge. You guys and gals rock!! :punk:

Sorry for the novel but I guess I had to catch up for lost time. You'll be hearing from me again and looking at pics soon!

Fred

·
Retired Mod
11,136 Posts
Welcome to WF :wavey:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, ok...here come the pictures! Finally:dance:
This is right after i rejoined the Jeep community!

Attachments

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just trimmed the fenders waiting for my 35's! :whistling:

·
i'm back
13,706 Posts
welcome to the mix! :D stock lift with those 35s? :whistling: with trimmed fenders you'll be okay -- take a look at your pinch seams though... going to be close :thumb:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sitting on Fuel Boost 16x8 with Duratrac 315/75/16's :dance:

Attachments

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It finally looks like a Jeep!!

The pinch seams are trimmed nice and tight. :thumb:

Attachments

·
i'm back
13,706 Posts
yeah, you have plenty of room.. nice! good looking rig you've got there. :)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks tabber! It was fun before I got the new shoes but now it's hard to stop peeking out the window at it. :D I got 4 "nice Jeep" comments in traffic driving it the first day like this. Up next...Lift

·
i'm back
13,706 Posts
any particular lift you're kicking around? :whistling:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for the info dawhites. I have these and they just fit. I had to air down after DTD put them on, 34lbs was a little stiff.

Attachments

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
any particular lift you're kicking around? :whistling:
I'm debating hard between Metal Cloak Dual Rate and Rock Krawler Max Travel. I know that I only want to do it once and am leaning heavily towards the 2.5" range. A good friend is coaxing me to go higher but he is sitting on 37's and has 6 inches of lift.

·
i'm back
13,706 Posts
I'm debating hard between Metal Cloak Dual Rate and Rock Krawler Max Travel. I know that I only want to do it once and am leaning heavily towards the 2.5" range. A good friend is coaxing me to go higher but he is sitting on 37's and has 6 inches of lift.
teraflex 2.5" lift and you'd be set. :whistling: higher and you're going to run into all sorts of things that need addressing sooner than later. :thumb:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts