Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My main use for my 014 Willy with 285's is hitting the beach and surf fishing and traveling down dirt roads that get mud holes sometimes large mud holes while hunting. I had decided that I wanted to just put a leveling kit on it. But when things are dead at work and I surf the web looking at parts the voices talk to be. Maybe you need the 2" lift kit instead. Maybe you want the Rancho 2" lift kit. Arrrgggggg! There needs to be a support group for people with Jeeps. Plus the wife is none too happy when we go somewhere I open her door help her out then just stand there looking at the Jeep thinking about what I'm gonna do next and how it will look. She's like your getting weird on me.

·
Premium Member
16,902 Posts
My main use for my 014 Willy with 285's is hitting the beach and surf fishing and traveling down dirt roads that get mud holes sometimes large mud holes while hunting. I had decided that I wanted to just put a leveling kit on it. But when things are dead at work and I surf the web looking at parts the voices talk to be. Maybe you need the 2" lift kit instead. Maybe you want the Rancho 2" lift kit. Arrrgggggg! There needs to be a support group for people with Jeeps. Plus the wife is none too happy when we go somewhere I open her door help her out then just stand there looking at the Jeep thinking about what I'm gonna do next and how it will look. She's like your getting weird on me.
You're "Here" :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So that being said opinions on which direction to go? I am a bit suspect of this being a support group. You really need those accessories I'm sure your wife won't mind. Do you have a mad money account. Such good people!

·
Registered
240 Posts
Its more then a 12 step program so take it slow and careful.
Step one. Send the wife shopping
step two. get the lift.
step three. repeat step one then get what you need for the jeep next.

·
Premium Member
16,902 Posts
So that being said opinions on which direction to go? I am a bit suspect of this being a support group. You really need those accessories I'm sure your wife won't mind. Do you have a mad money account. Such good people!

Shhhhh! The Women folk have spies that log in pretending to be Old Guys with Rubicons ...... Can't talk about stuff in the open like that.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Wrangler Forum is not a support group. It is the "dealer" and you are the "junkie" looking for that next fix. I have to constantly remind myself that I don't need "this or that" when I see some of the very cool Jeeps and mods on this site.

·
Premium Member
16,902 Posts
You know what they call a Sex Addict Support Group Meeting?

an Orgy.

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
Haha, looks like you are in my neck of the woods. I'm thinking of taking off my 2.5" lift and going 3.5", I'll sell you the old one! Then you can tell the wife you saved money on gently used parts!

·
Premium Member
16,902 Posts
Haha, looks like you are in my neck of the woods. I'm thinking of taking off my 2.5" lift and going 3.5", I'll sell you the old one! Then you can tell the wife you saved money on gently used parts!
I Wish "an Extra inch" was that easy .......:)

(sorry, couldn't resist. It gets in my head and it has to get out.)

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
I Wish "an Extra inch" was that easy .......:)

(sorry, couldn't resist. It gets in my head and it has to get out.)
Hahah, I'm glad I finally found a hobby where it is that easy!

·
Registered
366 Posts
Typical conversation in my house:

me: "Oooh, I want *INSERT JEEP PART HERE*
wife: "Of course you do."
me: (after looking at bank account) "We could afford it"
wife: "We could also afford to go to the moon if you didn't constantly buy Jeep parts"

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
Typical conversation in my house: me: "Oooh, I want *INSERT JEEP PART HERE* wife: "Of course you do." me: (after looking at bank account) "We could afford it" wife: "We could also afford to go to the moon if you didn't constantly buy Jeep parts"
Hahah, I sent my wife this pic this morning along those lines.

Attachments

·
Registered
801 Posts
I would offer some words of wisdom but I have the exact same problem and my Jeep usage is the same as yours.

Right before I read this post I was trying to convince myself that I need a winch for my trip down to the coast this weekend.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts