Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I asked a question on here a while back about a '99 Sport that I sold to a friend/co-worker of mine. He was noticing a squeal/grinding when he cranked it and pressed the clutch in. (He described it as a grind on one occasion and a squeal on another, so I'm no sure which one it was) He also told me that the brake light indicator came on and stayed sometimes. He said he always got both to stop by cutting it off and then back on. His mechanic could get neither issue to occur on several different attempts and suggested my friend be drug tested. After my friend got it to do it again this morning, he wiggled the switch and both issues stopped without turning it off. He now thinks it is something to do with the switch. Does anyone agree with my friend, or do you think he needs to follow the mechanics advice and be drug tested? (The mechanic was joking about the drug test, just in case you thought I was serious.)

·
Mostly old school..!
12,149 Posts
Sounds to me like maybe the ignition switch maybe hanging up in the start position rather than coming back to run. That would keep voltage to the starter motor after the engine starts....squeal/grinding noise, and could keep the brake light on also.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts