Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I snapped front driveshaft today it all bent an twisted! It sucks! Looks like ill be driving with 2wd for awhile

·
Premium Member
10,093 Posts
Wow bad luck that is a good one!! Look in the local yards and CL you might find something quick.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
I had one custom built 6" shorter then stock for 300$

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Shrimp said:
What happened?
I was driving around in a sandpit hit some soft sand and was in 2wd right when the tire started slipping so I put it in 4hi and I have open duffs front and rear so passenger side right front was spinning and drivers side rear was spinning and I got buried so then I put it in 4lo and tried backing up nothing happen so I put it in 1st and they started spinning and then I heard a snap and then I had no drive to my front tires!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
JeepYJBoy said:
I was driving around in a sandpit hit some soft sand and was in 2wd right when the tire started slipping so I put it in 4hi and I have open duffs front and rear so passenger side right front was spinning and drivers side rear was spinning and I got buried so then I put it in 4lo and tried backing up nothing happen so I put it in 1st and they started spinning and then I heard a snap and then I had no drive to my front tires!
Think I found one

·
Premium Member
3,316 Posts
Check your local junkyard. I see broken down YJs in the one by my house all the time. You should be able to pull a front driveshaft for probably $50 or so.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts