Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took a drive over Snoqualmie Pass last night, Seattle to Kachess Lake. Conditions were "Traction Tires Required" and it sure LOOKED nasty. Bunch of abandoned cars, semis chaining up. Icky to say the least.

But here's the thing; I was in 4H for only about 5 minutes when things got super nasty. I just never felt that I needed it the rest of the time. If this thing can happily creep along in those conditions in 2H with barely a butt waggle, what in the world is it capable of when you pull the Jiggy Handle? I suppose I knew this before, but was reminded last night that a Jeep in 4WD must be simply unstoppable.

Not that I plan to test that. I think my stock tires would be the weak link.

Anyway, just wanted to express how impressed I am with my new Jeep. It really is quite a machine.

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
Mr. Fish said:
If this thing can happily creep along in those conditions in 2H with barely a butt waggle, what in the world is it capable of when you pull the Jiggy Handle?
The Jiggy Handle! Lmfao! I like that!

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Hehe you guys are getting quite a "workout" up there right now. I never really minded it too much when I lived up there, but I also missed the really huge storms. I got up there after the 96/97 storm (the wood carports at the place I moved into had all collapsed from it) and left in 2006 so I missed the big one in 2008.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Pics from last night

Thought I'd add some aftermath pics from my trip last night. While the 1/4" stippled ice encapsulation is neato, I'm more a fan of the antenna. :)

·
Because I Can
362 Posts
I have to agree with you. It has been a winter pretty much without snow here in SW Mi until a few weeks ago. I get off work at midnight and roads home have been mostly snow covered every night and I have only had to put it in 4wd once and I am still running the stock SRAs. I'm very happy with my JK.

·
Super Moderator
53,784 Posts
TommyT said:
I have to agree with you. It has been a winter pretty much without snow here in SW Mi until a few weeks ago. I get off work at midnight and roads home have been mostly snow covered every night and I have only had to put it in 4wd once and I am still running the stock SRAs. I'm very happy with my JK.
Agree.

Only had 1" if that here.

Never put in 4wd. This traction control is amazing. One thing I never had on my Tj.
I tried to slide and she would not let me.
At least I know it works :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts