Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, Just installed the ARB Twin Air Compressor.

I used the M.O.R.E. under-the-hood mount. Lets just say, you'll curse a lot.

I'm only using mine for airing up tires--Jeep has stock lockers.

Anyway, after doing the install, hooking up to spod, I'm ready to air up tires using their Pump-Up-Kit, but I must not be doing something correctly.

1). I screwed the quick connector (from the Pump Up Kit) directly to the air output at the top of the compressor (didn't use the T-connector piece), but to tighten it you have to use a wrench, but it wont fit between the connector and top of compressor.

2). The hood wont close with the quick connector in place, so do you have to remove it and reinstall it every time you want to use the air compressor to fill up tires? Defeats the whole purpose of having a quick connector.....

2). I tightened it a few turns, as much as I could, and when I fired it up, it just kept running about 20 seconds, then a rapid gush of air from the end of the hose in my hand...the end that connects to the tire nozzle. I looked in and the little white seal had been partially dislodged. Isn't it supposed to fill the hose with air, and then just stop running until I connect it to a tire?

Appreciate any help...sucks when you spend all day installing something and then what should be the easiest part becomes a show stopper....

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
I did the 90 also, hardware store brass to keep it low. Rubs the insulation but not real close the metal.

On a side note, sorry for the hijack, the ARB spec for the compressor says it should inflate a 31" tire from 15 to 30 in about 40 seconds. Mine seems to be at 60 seconds. Wondering what you guys are seeing.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,852 Posts
Hi All, Just installed the ARB Twin Air Compressor.

I used the M.O.R.E. under-the-hood mount. Lets just say, you'll curse a lot.

I'm only using mine for airing up tires--Jeep has stock lockers.

Anyway, after doing the install, hooking up to spod, I'm ready to air up tires using their Pump-Up-Kit, but I must not be doing something correctly.

1). I screwed the quick connector (from the Pump Up Kit) directly to the air output at the top of the compressor (didn't use the T-connector piece), but to tighten it you have to use a wrench, but it wont fit between the connector and top of compressor.

2). The hood wont close with the quick connector in place, so do you have to remove it and reinstall it every time you want to use the air compressor to fill up tires? Defeats the whole purpose of having a quick connector.....

2). I tightened it a few turns, as much as I could, and when I fired it up, it just kept running about 20 seconds, then a rapid gush of air from the end of the hose in my hand...the end that connects to the tire nozzle. I looked in and the little white seal had been partially dislodged. Isn't it supposed to fill the hose with air, and then just stop running until I connect it to a tire?

Appreciate any help...sucks when you spend all day installing something and then what should be the easiest part becomes a show stopper....

I love the pump but chose to mount mine in the Jeep. Used a Teraflex under seat mount. Couldn't be happier with it. I did install the ARB manifold and also a 2 gallon tank for a small amount of storage. Makes running an air tool possible.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I used the Metal Cloak bracket it wasn't easy but wasn't hard either. I put a 90 in it and pointed it to the rear and ran truck air line down and around to the bottom of the grill. Works great. No interference. If you remove the black cover between them (4 Screws) you can loosen the tank and rotate a few degrees so it points at and angle. The 90 barely fit but it did.

·
Registered
202 Posts
i used the metal cloak bracket it wasn't easy but wasn't hard either. I put a 90 in it and pointed it to the rear and ran truck air line down and around to the bottom of the grill. Works great. No interference. If you remove the black cover between them (4 screws) you can loosen the tank and rotate a few degrees so it points at and angle. The 90 barely fit but it did.
image-1801487076.jpg

·
Registered
610 Posts
I used the Metal Cloak bracket it wasn't easy but wasn't hard either. I put a 90 in it and pointed it to the rear and ran truck air line down and around to the bottom of the grill. Works great. No interference. If you remove the black cover between them (4 Screws) you can loosen the tank and rotate a few degrees so it points at and angle. The 90 barely fit but it did.
I just ordered that Metalcloak bracket for mine. Should be here next week. Any install tips you could give would be great. Thanks

·
Registered
330 Posts
Here's mine... same setup, I put an elbow with a chuck on it. So I just have to open my hood, attach, and air up.

Note: You can rotate the hole so it doesn't need to point straight up, you'll need to do that so it doesn't hit the hood. The manual talks about the screws you need to loosen, so that you can rotate it.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Here's mine... same setup, I put an elbow with a chuck on it. So I just have to open my hood, attach, and air up.

Note: You can rotate the hole so it doesn't need to point straight up, you'll need to do that so it doesn't hit the hood. The manual talks about the screws you need to loosen, so that you can rotate it.
Nice setup and thanks for the help. Where did you get that 90˚ elbow? Something custom? I'd like to purchase one myself.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I just ordered that Metalcloak bracket for mine. Should be here next week. Any install tips you could give would be great. Thanks
Just be careful when you drill out the rivnut hole. I used a stepped drill bit but it chamfered the top layer good. I was afraid a twist drill bit would shred the medal being its thin. You might want to consider filing it out. It doesn't need much. A long extension for the 13mm nut on the brake master cylinder would help. I ended up using a ratcheting boxed to to it with. Also mounting the horn you'll lose the factory bracket and will want to put it on before you mount it to the Jeep. Other than that its pretty simple.

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
SmokinJoe, where did you find that short air hose? Been looking on amazon and Lowe's but no luck.

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I used a 90 AIr craft fittings the head pressure it too high and blows off stock fittings so you need to screw on something
SmokinJoe, where did you find that short air hose? Been looking on amazon and Lowe's but no luck.

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
Any one have the twin that comes in the plastic box, intended to be portable?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Any one have the twin that comes in the plastic box, intended to be portable?
I bought the portable version a few weeks ago. Didn't feel like mounting it under the hood.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts