Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess i should start out by saying i am a first time wrangler buyer. I am currently looking at at 09 Unlimited Sahara, 2d, manual, soft top. I guess what im looking to know is what should i know befor buying? what should i look for? How do you guys like the 09's who have them.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How many miles on it? What mods does it have? Where are you located? How much are they asking?
Sorry left out some information. 22000 miles, the only mod was relocating the mirrors on the door so as to make it street legal w/o doors. I’m located in Virginia and they are asking $21999

·
Registered
166 Posts
im curious, are you set on a used jeep? reason being is because you can pay a couple of thousand more and get a brand new one. granted it would not be an unlimited sahara, but it would have zero miles on it and a full warranty. just a thought. and if you are content, i am content. at least your getting a jeep:)

·
Registered
504 Posts
yeah i saw that... my vote is for mental typo
no, they did make some unlimited 2drs.....2 drs with a longer wheel base. I almost bought a used one, but the previous owner's mods had me wondering if something wasn't quite right with how it handled.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I agree you should look into a new one at that price I'm guessing your financing, almost always get a better rate and even if the new one costs more your payments would be less

·
Registered
145 Posts
Just to add another thing I traded my 2010 jku for the 2012 for the engine alone your looking at 80+ HP and slightly better mpg

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
no, they did make some unlimited 2drs.....2 drs with a longer wheel base. I almost bought a used one, but the previous owner's mods had me wondering if something wasn't quite right with how it handled.
Yes, they did and it was based off the TJ (called it an LJ, actually). When the JK came out, I believe all Unlimited's became 4 door (2007, I think).

So either the year given is wrong, or the model is wrong or there's a typo. Determining the worth of the Jeep, will require some clarification on the exact model.

·
Premium Member
3,316 Posts
im curious, are you set on a used jeep? reason being is because you can pay a couple of thousand more and get a brand new one. granted it would not be an unlimited sahara, but it would have zero miles on it and a full warranty. just a thought. and if you are content, i am content. at least your getting a jeep:)
It's like that with a lot of cars these days. My wife was looking at a 2005 Mazda3 when she wanted a new car. She could actually get a 2010 (in 2010) with zero miles, a better interest rate, etc.etc. for almost the same price as the 5 year old one with 80k miles.

·
Registered
16,641 Posts
Yes the 2004-2006 LJ's were 2dr Unlimiteds.. He said it was a 2009! so my first thought since he said 2009 and 2dr that he had a mental typo and either got the year wrong, Jeep model wrong, or meant type 4 and instead typed 2.

·
The Bad Guy
23,234 Posts
Technically they were TJ's. The
LJ is unofficially just like JKU.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I am set on a used jeep because the payments are a bit to high on a new one. Is the Sahara model worth the extra money? Ive been looking around for a bit and i cant find anything within a reasonable range that is similar in price and miles. I also didn't want to make a decision this quickley on a car but im afraid the transmission is about to go out in my current car.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yes the 2004-2006 LJ's were 2dr Unlimiteds.. He said it was a 2009! so my first thought since he said 2009 and 2dr that he had a mental typo and either got the year wrong, Jeep model wrong, or meant type 4 and instead typed 2.
you guys are right it was a mental typo it is a 2 door Sahara and the year is correct. oh and it is a dealer car.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Test drive a 2012, then compare financing. What if you can swing the current 36 month 0% interest on 2012s, and have a new JK (or JKU ,,, that still seems up in the air).

·
Registered
120 Posts
I had a 2010 Sahara manual, and now have the 2012 Arctic manual. Drive a 2012, the Pentastar hooked to the 6 speed is lots of fun! 0% financing is cheaper than paying cash.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I bought my first JKU last November and I bought used - a 2009. I'm very happy with it. It's not a Sahara, one level lower, but one up from a Sport and it had some extras on it that I wanted. I think I did pretty good on the price - better than new. I guess for me it was a combination of things: I saw the Jeep, with the options I wanted, a decent price, color I wanted, ready to go. It was the only one I found, new or used, that fit. No regrets here.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts