Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am new to the Wrangler Forum and currently am looking at possibly getting a 2 door soft top w/half doors (zipper windows). I'm just wondering what the pros/cons are of half doors.

·
Registered
97 Posts
1/2 doors are nice in the summer and actually gave me more shoulder and arm space. I have solid lowers on the 99 and fabric lowers on the 60. The 99 has both zipper and sliders uppers and the 60 has only zippers.

The zipper top doors are the lightest and come off easily and store in the back. But as said above are a pain to zip down to get outside in the rain, snow wind etc. Slider tops are much easier to use but then they only allow you to open the window 1/2 way. Fabric upper and lowers can both be easily removed and stored in back so you can go doorless on the nice days.

Every set of door lowers uppers, and full doors have positives and negatives. It is all what you want. :)

·
Retired Moderator
100,487 Posts
:welcome: to the Forum..:wavey:

·
Premium Member
16,902 Posts
I just went in and built (mine) again. I didn't see any boxes to check for half doors but I may have missed it....

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
Hi, I am new to the Wrangler Forum and currently am looking at possibly getting a 2 door soft top w/half doors (zipper windows). I'm just wondering what the pros/cons are of half doors.
Pros:

Cons:

-They're ugly
-They're a PITA in fast food drive-thrus
-They're less secure
-They scratch easily
-Visibility is worse
-They're a waste of time, because removing the door gives you more open air and rolling down the window gives you the same effect as unzipping a half door

In short, it's no wonder Jeep wanted to get away from that option.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Removing the soft uppers give you more air than rolling down the windows. No window frame.

But yeah, pros and cons to both. I love half doors and no tops from May to Oct, and just carry the tops in the back in case of rain, but the flapping, lack of view, noise and having to open the door at the drive though get old. That is why I bought a cheap set of used full doors for the winter.

I also have Bestop sliders I used prior to getting the fulls, but they only side halfway and do not store easily during the summer as the soft ones do.

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
Please remove, posted in wrong forum
Sorry

·
Super Moderator
2,725 Posts
I’ve had 5 Wranglers; 2 with full doors and 3 with half doors.

In the summer half doors are better in every way. Winter is the only time full doors are nice.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts