Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently looking for a TJ..I came across.this one and love the look of it but dont know much about them so would love thoughts.

Its a 2000.with 175,000 miles. Its priced at $10,500.
Or is it better to get a stock 98 in excellent condition? 125000 miles for $9500

Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Vehicle Grille
View attachment 4543636

·
Registered
18,326 Posts
Big lifts and big tires are typically not supported with adequate brake upgrade and may be a real handful on the road for multiple reasons

2000 worry about crack prone non Tupy head (I’ll assume the lifted TJ has a 4.0)

See a snorkel run away

Exam all potential buys carefully for frame rust especially with coated frame potential coverup

In the end an unmolested jeep is generally worth more then a highly modded one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
‘17 JKU Big Bear
624 Posts
A Jeep of any model that is closer to stock is a better & safer bet than an unknown built Jeep. Always check for rust. The bane of jeeps the world over
Pics of the ‘98?

·
Premium Member
9,947 Posts
My 2003 had a snorkel on it when I bought it. It cost me a new fender to have it removed when I had the Jeep painted. It also is in the way if you want to remove the passenger door.

In my humble opinion, the sweet spot for TJs is the '03-'04 models with the 4.0 and 5 speed.

The only problem with a Jeep is that there is always something more to do on it. But then you take it on the road and it's all worth it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts