Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

So I've been passing a Ford dealership on my way to work that has a 2015 Gray Sahara Hardtop JK with 2,500 miles on it. I currently have a 2012 Sport with 33s just over 67,000 miles. I stopped to see the Sahara last Saturday. I was looking to see if it had 3.73 gears or not. I saw in the build sheet that it had the Trak-loc but it didn't mention 3.73 gears. Is it worth it if doesn't have the 3.73 gears or would you guys pass on it? From talking to the dealership they are looking to get rid of it and the pricing is pretty good compared to the other 2015s in the area. Most of the 2015s comparatively priced have around 20,000 miles on it. I would not be able to afford to regear it right away so I would probably use the stock tires until they wear out.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks! Yeah I think I am going to have to pass on it. My finance part of the brain likes the deal but my Jeep side says no.

·
Premium Member
2,470 Posts
If it's a good deal, and has most stuff I would want, I would not let gears slow me down. Get it, drive for a while and then regear if needed, regearing is inexpensive in the grand scheme of things. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Get it! Re Gear to 4.10 down the road just to make sure there are no other problems

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Is the Trak-Loc even available on 3.21? It may be, but I was under the assumption it was only on 3.73+.
That's what I thought too but I did some research on this forum and apparently its possible. I wonder if it was custom ordered from the factory like this or if Jeep builds a select number of wranglers with just the Trak loc.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Is the Trak-Loc even available on 3.21?
Yes.

Don't mix up Trac Lock and Tru Lock.

Trac Lock = LSD and is an option on most Wranglers.

Tru Lock = Lockers as found on Rubicon and a few other models as a rear only locker.

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Yes.

Don't mix up Trac Lock and Tru Lock.

Trac Lock = LSD and is an option on most Wranglers.

Tru Lock = Lockers as found on Rubicon and a few other models as a rear only locker.
Yeah, I wasn't mixing them up, I just didn't think LSD was available with 3.21. Guess I was incorrect. Not the first time. Won't be the last!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts