Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pending the sale of one of my motorcycles I will be upgrading the front axle on my 2dr Jeep 2011 6spd manual. Still doing some research but id like some opinions on what axles to look at or what route to take.
I did find a stock Rubi 44 for 1200$ with 12k miles close to me. The plan is to upgrade, run 4:56 gears, lockers, then 37s after the 35s run out. (Let's not debate what it takes to run 37s please. I've seen the info and have included that in the build plans)
Just curious what people would choose given the opportunity to upgrade. Most of the trails I run are muddy buggy areas but am branching into more trail riding and Rock crawling this year. Still a DD (aside from my other motorcycle if the Jeep breaks) so I'm not trying to build a monster. Just looking for a solid upgrade. Any info is appreciated. Thanks guys

·
Registered
183 Posts
well that dana 44 your talking about, would be a good option as it will keep the costs of bearings and joints down after u run your 37s, the dana 44 is hella strong and can handle 37s, just add a thruss and away you go, while parts can still be had at the parts store "unless you order all your parts on line then forget what I have said lol"

the teraflex 44 is a nice option too big all around from the tubes to the Cs on the ends

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
My opinion, and my opinion only...

If you already had the 44, then build it and run it, but since you are ditching a 30, I would skip the Rubi axle and go aftermarket.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts