Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are your thoughts on MBRP exhaust? I am not upgrading my exhaust with the intent of boosting horsepower or improving MPG. I have read the plethora of posts about our stock exhaust setup and understand that there is little to no gain when upgrading our exhaust. I am shopping for exhaust b/c I have a '97 wrangler 4.0 sport and I have a cracked header & a hole in my muffler. It is also probably time to replace my cadaledic converter as well. I am looking at the MBRP because I liked the sound. Also, where is the best place to buy a new header? I have read about the headers availble on ebay for somewhere around $150 or less but are they really any good?

Appreciate your thoughts, time and replies.

Phil

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
I have an MBRP catback ready to go on either tonight or Sunday, time permitting. Its the black coated stainless model. I'll let ya know after its one. I too got it due to the sound in videos.

·
Registered
49 Posts
homebrwd said:
I have an MBRP catback ready to go on either tonight or Sunday, time permitting. Its the black coated stainless model. I'll let ya know after its one. I too got it due to the sound in videos.
How did it work out? I should be putting my on after Christmas. I'm worried about the black paint coming off.

·
Commercial Member
831 Posts
I have a slightly different perspective, don't know if it'll help. I recently sold my Dodge Ram Cummins and shortly after buying it the stock exhaust blew out. I bought a stainless steel turbo back system and it installed flawlessly and for the next 6 years I would often get compliments on its sound.
Even when I sold it it was still in awesome shape and this is living through New England winters and salty roads.
So my post is just to say that MBRP has a very good reputation in other markets, I would not hesitate to buy from them if needed for my Jeep.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Just put my mbrp exhaust on a few days ago and it sounds amazing. Not to loud . The only part I don't personally like is that it comes out right past my rear tire and is probably gonna get crushed on the trails so I'm gonna cut a little bit off the tail end and reattach the tip so it's tucked away more. Other then that it looks good and sounds good.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts